The I-Team

tombeej

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest reason for the change was due to the short and long distance riding the same route from Carnival City (the 50Km turnaround) until the finish. You don't notice it in the early licensed bunches but drop back to the alphabet groups and it's a little more noticeable.

i rode with the club in E-batch last year, and our group was huge when we got to Carnival City. At one point the slow riders were taking up half the road, and we had to squeeze by with oncoming traffic to contend with.

I know this new route and delayed start time for the 40Km will work so much better.

The biggest reason for the change was due to the short and long distance riding the same route from Carnival City (the 50Km turnaround) until the finish. You don't notice it in the early licensed bunches but drop back to the alphabet groups and it's a little more noticeable.

i rode with the club in E-batch last year, and our group was huge when we got to Carnival City. At one point the slow riders were taking up half the road, and we had to squeeze by with oncoming traffic to contend with.

I know this new route and delayed start time for the 40Km will work so much better.

That's great news re. the change for the finale kays to the finish. The racing in the last 20-odd kays this year were hairy with the whole road filled with swerving short lappers and nowhere to go on the right.

New route looks even flatter than last year. A perfect race for getting used to racing in big tight bunches. I might even come out of retirement and put my fishing rod down for a sec to do this race.

so you can celebrate it with a sub3, I am 13th so will start with the beers early if I can get close to a sub3

Think the aim should be around 2h45. Its a nice flat track.

Back on the bike from tomorrow, looking forward to 2016!

This is the ideal race to get a proper I-Team train going.

Event: 2016 Emperors Palace Classic

Date: 10th April 2016

Distance: 98 km

Timed by Racetec. Fast and flat (just one little 2 km-long bump just before halfway).

Entries are now open here.

358m of ascent over that distance. I was seeded J at 947 so doubt I would be able to keep up with you boys and girls yet, but wouldn't mind trying! Edited by Eon du Plessis

• 1 month later...

Who from the I-Team, that is riding the Carnival City Macsteel National Classic, wants to ride together in a group, probably D?

There will be a charity start group, in E, so it has to be C or D.

To give you an idea from 2015, the sheriff and Carpet started in D and finish just under 3:00 and inside the top 10-15 positions. A sub-3 is possible, for the guys that are wanting (haven't achieved) it yet.

If you're interested, I will need your full name (by PM) so I can force change the seeding result. Please note that it cannot be done at late registration (number collection). If there happens to be more than one person with the same name, then I'll request an ID number.

Edited by geraldm24

Who from the I-Team, that is riding the Carnival City Macsteel National Classic, wants to ride together in a group, probably D?

There will be a charity start group, in E, so it has to be C or D.

To give you an idea from 2015, the sheriff and Carpet started in D and finish just under 3:00 and inside the top 10-15 positions. A sub-3 is possible, for the guys that are wanting (haven't achieved) it yet.

If you're interested, I will need your full name (by PM) so I can force change the seeding result. Please note that it cannot be done at late registration (number collection). If there happens to be more than one person with the same name, then I'll request an ID number.

I'm keen. PM sent. Haven't entered yet, but I will do this week...

Entries only close on the 11th of Feb, so I'm sure pay day would be a good time to send a reminder.

Edited by geraldm24

I had a long chat with myself yesterday. I said, "Self, get your head back in the game". After sleeping on it, I'm happy to report that Self has agreed. So we went for our first ride in 2 months this afternoon. Just 2hrs, and nearly pooped on someones doorstep I was so unfit. Baby steps. Won't drive up for the Macsteel race, but keen to try and get (kind of) in shape for Tour Durban - if anyone is keen for a kuier by die see in April....