The I-Team

tombeej

I had a long chat with myself yesterday. I said, "Self, get your head back in the game". After sleeping on it, I'm happy to report that Self has agreed. So we went for our first ride in 2 months this afternoon. Just 2hrs, and nearly pooped on someones doorstep I was so unfit. Baby steps. Won't drive up for the Macsteel race, but keen to try and get (kind of) in shape for Tour Durban - if anyone is keen for a kuier by die see in April....

I have the Tour Durban in my calendar. 

I see that Wednesday is public holiday, might just make a long weekend of it. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but keen to try and get (kind of) in shape for Tour Durban - if anyone is keen for a kuier by die see in April....

Along with the Shova, the best race of the year IMO.

Do you guys ever stop mid-ride for a bite to eat or drink and then carry on?

If so, how do you carry your tummies on the bike home then and doesn't it make you lazy?

Edit: spelling

Edited by hayleyearth

Do you guys ever stop mid-ride for a bite to eat or drink and then carry on?

If so, how do you carry your tummies on the bike hope then and doesn't it make you lazy?

Edit: spelling

Do it at least once a week.

You will need to find what works for you.

I usually have a normal coffee, a cuppachino makes me lazy.

Eating wise i need to stay with small portions.

Will the I-team be teaming up for the fast one? what is the arrangements?

No arrangements. Grab-a-group and hang on for dear life. I think there were at least 15 riders from group C under 3 hours last year. If there is a wind, it will be some sort of Westerly. Hang tight in the bunch up to the 65 km mark where we turn and get a tailwind to the finish. You will find that there are only two kinds of speed in this race. Those who are racing and those who are going much faster than that. 

Who from the I-Team, that is riding the Carnival City Macsteel National Classic, wants to ride together in a group, probably D?

There will be a charity start group, in E, so it has to be C or D.

To give you an idea from 2015, the sheriff and Carpet started in D and finish just under 3:00 and inside the top 10-15 positions. A sub-3 is possible, for the guys that are wanting (haven't achieved) it yet.

If you're interested, I will need your full name (by PM) so I can force change the seeding result. Please note that it cannot be done at late registration (number collection). If there happens to be more than one person with the same name, then I'll request an ID number.

PM sent

Will the I-team be teaming up for the fast one? what is the arrangements?

Was wondering the same thing earlier

Just a reminder that IF the I-team wants to ride together at the Carnival City Macsteel National Classic, let me know.

So far there are only 2 that have confirmed.

It can only be done before online entries close 11-Feb, as it will be out my control after entries close.

Group C or D based on your vote.

• 2 weeks later...

The captain of the I-Team, Tombeej, has not been back on his bike since he got sick just before 947!  He has assured me he will be riding with East Coast again this weekend.  We can only hope!

Seems the i Team fell apart before it really got going! As usual the 5th wheel just silently fell off the back of the paceline and created too great a gap for the rest of the peloton to make up... Back to solo and random bunch efforts for everyone!

Edited by Tubehunter

Just a reminder that IF the I-team wants to ride together at the Carnival City Macsteel National Classic, let me know.

So far there are only 2 that have confirmed.

It can only be done before online entries close 11-Feb, as it will be out my control after entries close.

Group C or D based on your vote.

I've only had 4 replies for the I-team for the CCMNC.

Online entries close next week Thursday, so if you're interested in getting this group up and running again, I can make a plan to get you placed in DL. Name and ID is all I need.

If you're seeded ahead of DL, you can drop back to the group. If I force change your number you won't be able to change it at number collection - so make a decision and run with it.

Please note I'm not riding, I am working at the start/finish the whole day.