Stolen: 2015 Giant XTC Advanced

Cippo

someone who knows PPA official and sanParks mentioned this to me

If someone can lobby say 500 people willing to pay R50 a month as you said on the post then SANparks could employ someone trained by them and then an organization (who ever is custodian of the money raised) could pay this company/people directly for that service

can we do this?

apparently this has been suggested but as Martin mention, the red tape has come up and the parties get demotivated, so what next, someone gets hurt or killed then will they be motivated? does it have to go that route...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What concerns me most is that there seems to be NO ATTEMPT AT ALL TO APPREHEND THE ROBBERS! SANParks and the police seems equally useless. Open case, give it a number, put it in file 13! That seems all they do! :cursing:

FIRST I WANT THE BASTARDS CAUGHT! Jissus, it is not rocket science! Get a lookout or 2, get communication lines set up, get a response, catch them! POLICE! I'm talking to YOU! :cursing:

wow just read the article posted, it seems SanParks have absolutely no idea, either that or Table Mountain Bikers are complete scamsters...

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Attackers-stole-my-love-of-the-mountain-cyclist-20151102

Safety

"We pay a good couple of hundred for activity permits. What is our money being used for if not for our safety?" he asked.

Table Mountain National Parks spokesperson Merle Collins said Plum Pudding Hill is not a high priority area as the incident is the first recorded in this vicinity.

"We cover 25 000 ha – we simply don’t have the capacity to be at every access route," she said.

post-17562-0-21443800-1357842662.jpg

REALLY!!! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

As listed from the Table Mountain Bikers Website and on here too

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/125546-table-mountain-hot-spot/

• post-17562-0-34170200-1357806810.png

SAN Parks really do not understand the nature of the beast.

In addition to very little policing, is the timing of it. In the newspaper articles their spokesperson notes that "one should ride in groups of at least 4 before 8:00am or after 17:00".

SanParks staff only work from 8-5, whereas their target audience (walkers, hikers, bikers) generally only use the mountain before or after office hours. If they don't provide a guard service at these times, we should pay heavily reduced user-fees that we can then invest in independent guards.

The criminals know this timing well. When Tokai was still going, the dodgy guys would arrive at that bottom parking lot at 17:05, knowing full well that the Parks guys go home at 17:00.

What happened to the dog patrols that were on the mountain? I came across one of those when walking with my dawgs and they were seeeeriaaas. Massive Shepard, handler dressed in full hurt locker type armour and 2 other officers / spotters who were fairly well tooled up and in fill comms with another team as well. 

I thought PPA or TMB had put coin in for another patrol to be set up not that log ago? Maybe that is a way to go. See what an extra patrol might cost for that specific area and fund raise for that. I'd throw some randelas in for sure. 

This is South Africa you guys are talking about... How much clearer would you like it to be/get, when every single day of our lives in this beautiful country we are thoroughly being screwed over by the leadership of this country...

What do we do, we bitch and moan and then re-vote them into power and continue be disgusted and embarassed by our leadership, who by the way can't even read a bloody clear cut script!

Bloody hell, this is frustrating!

Just spoke to my brothers wife earlier, and she mentioned that he is now in a lot of pain and feeling the after effects of the attack...

I feel so helpless, knowing him and his love of riding...

Edit: Typo's

Cycling is seen as a white supremacist sport and the attitude of the police will reflect this in there handling of such cases unfortunately .We have the same problem in Groenkloof and Klapperkop in Pretoria .The efficient white male that was in charge in groenkloof got fired because he was effective .Now the lazy unionists are sleeping under the trees and taking bribes at the gate ,Aka the ,African way !.We have a collective What App group where we share info about things in the parks and it seems very effective if a private security group is utilized for reaction   

This current problem on the slopes of Devil Peak is nothing new. We have had it before. Parks promise patrols and have talks with the police. For a few weeks they do something, then after a few months "it is no longer a priority area", then after a year or two we are back to square one.

They KNOW this is a problem area! If they deny it, they are lying or they are just plain dof! 

Day 3 since the incident haven't seen a single ranger or sanparks official on the mountain...

One of the bikejackings happened literally 200m from SANParks Mount Pleasant offices. The perpetrator escaped through the Newlands Picnic area, controlled by SANParks. The gate of the picnic area is controlled by a SANParks employee and the criminal fled past him on the jacked bike. And they say the didn't know? :cursing:  :eek:

Cycling is seen as a white supremacist sport and the attitude of the police will reflect this in there handling of such cases unfortunately .We have the same problem in Groenkloof and Klapperkop in Pretoria .The efficient white male that was in charge in groenkloof got fired because he was effective .Now the lazy unionists are sleeping under the trees and taking bribes at the gate ,Aka the ,African way !.We have a collective What App group where we share info about things in the parks and it seems very effective if a private security group is utilized for reaction

not that it makes a difference, but the victim in this incident isn't white. Is there really a need to bring race into it?

Let me point out that the disconnect between Park's comms department and those doing the work has the potential of casting a poor reflection on the park as a whole. I have my doubts about the words used in that interview. It angers me that there is not an efficient system within their group to be able to validate facts and offer a quicker response. There are just too many sticking points for a free flow of info, certainly to the level we expect.

The extended silence could mean something other than they don't care.

Hey everyone, thanks for all your support, concerns and comments it is much appreciated, now let us all work together and see what we can do to make some of these ideas work to make the mountain a safer place for all, FROM THE VICTIM OF THE CRIME ON SUNDAY  

Hey everyone, thanks for all your support, concerns and comments it is much appreciated, now let us all work together and see what we can do to make some of these ideas work to make the mountain a safer place for all, FROM THE VICTIM OF THE CRIME ON SUNDAY  

Day 3 since the incident haven't seen a single ranger or sanparks official on the mountain...

Eish!

Archived