New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and they did inform us, they have never been this busy ever.

Excellent news, more for us who stay! :devil:

I'm staying for now, re building a business, too damn old to get in the NZ or Arsestralia but mud island is an easy in for me + I have a son there.

Good luck to all of you setting sail for distant shores, hope it works out for you, cant say I'm not a little green. 

Edited by Plentipotential

Do you ride road too?

How is that Whitford Road to ride? I see on google earth it doesn't have shoulder and is obviously quite bendy..

Most roads here don't have a shoulder, and most roads are very twisty. What you don't see from Google earth is also that the road is very hilly. I have ridden along there (on the road bike), but the best time is early in the morning when there aren't many cars about. 

My normal routine was to drive from Howick to the forest (20mins) and go MTBing. Now I live in Maraetai so I just ride 150m to the trailhead. Occasionally I'll take a road ride out Clevedon way. Lots of big loops out that way.

Yay! No more running down the hill to try catch the bus on time!

post-10758-0-57785000-1460060122_thumb.jpg

Not as per the original plan to get a ute, but realized I did really want to spend that much on a car, so got this for 1/3rd of my ute budget. And yeah, don't worry, I know ze Germans aren't popular in NZ, so I took out a 2yr comprehensive warranty. So holding thumbs that this cheapie will get me by for a year or 2.

Yay! No more running down the hill to try catch the bus on time!

attachicon.gifIMG-20160408-WA0011.jpg

Not as per the original plan to get a ute, but realized I did really want to spend that much on a car, so got this for 1/3rd of my ute budget. And yeah, don't worry, I know ze Germans aren't popular in NZ, so I took out a 2yr comprehensive warranty. So holding thumbs that this cheapie will get me by for a year or 2.

Doesn't look like the crappiest car I've ever seen.

Do you ride road too?

How is that Whitford Road to ride? I see on google earth it doesn't have shoulder and is obviously quite bendy..

I've not actually ridden down that side apart from an excellent MTB ride with niterider, but driving to meet him at Maraetai I was pretty much drooling at the oppos for road riding down that way. As he says, awesome loops out to Clevedon, through the Hunua ranges, down to Kawakawa Bay, etc. I'd live that side easily (we're on the very northern fringe of Auckland).

Doesn't look like the crappiest car I've ever seen.

Yeah, bang for buck I scored.

NZ$11 000 including the 2yr warranty, new WOF, and registration.

• 2.0T (So it goes pretty well)
  • Quattro (for the rainy weather)
  • Leather seats (which I've noticed isn't common in NZ. Most german luxury cars here are cloth)
  • Dual zone climate control
  • Full Satnav AV system with reverse camera
  • Oh, and heated seats!

Fanciest car I've ever owned :lol:

Yeah, bang for buck I scored.

NZ$11 000 including the 2yr warranty, new WOF, and registration.

• 2.0T (So it goes pretty well)
  • Quattro (for the rainy weather)
  • Leather seats (which I've noticed isn't common in NZ. Most german luxury cars here are cloth)
  • Dual zone climate control
  • Full Satnav AV system with reverse camera
  • Oh, and heated seats!

Fanciest car I've ever owned :lol:

Going to look at a few cars for myself this weekend. Try finding a good 7 seater with leather seats and low mileage. Absolute killer!

Going to look at a few cars for myself this weekend. Try finding a good 7 seater with leather seats and low mileage. Absolute killer!

Quite a few 7 seaters in the form of Toyota Highlanders, Holden Captivas, and Mitsubishi Outlanders.

The low mileage should also be possible. But the leather seats... that is going to be the hard one, hahaha!

Quite a few 7 seaters in the form of Toyota Highlanders, Holden Captivas, and Mitsubishi Outlanders.

The low mileage should also be possible. But the leather seats... that is going to be the hard one, hahaha!

Yeah found those that mostly suit but then no leather seats. With kids and dogs I NEED leather seats!

I hope you havent voted for that 30km/h ...... I will never be able to visit!  :ph34r:

The NZ pigs got me last time already and posted me a pic of myself with demands of having some of my Rands...I think I will have to stick to my bike more than a car over there  ^_^