New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

The missus is telling me she's been told we need to get the bikes steam cleaned.

I'm telling her we don't, they just need to be clean.

Can anyone provide some insight?

Our bikes came over in our container, I cleaned them myself - make sure you get rid of any trace of mud from everywhere.

They were inspected on arrival, but no issues. In fact I cleaned everything myself and we had no issues. They want to check bicycles, camping stuff, etc.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had enough of Auckland rain and jumped in the car to take the family to Redwoods forest for a weekend of riding.

My boy is starting to get his confidence on the trails now so I am hoping to do some miles with him this summer.

Also spent some time teaching the kids about trail maps.

post-18409-15363709340349.jpgpost-18409-15363709457865.jpgd2109bcb39ee058ee5bc82c7193d638e.jpg

Some bad....

Took the kids to see a Kiwi breeding programme in Rotorua. Parked in the parking lot.

Some lowlife asshole bumped my car and left. No card or note.

Looks like I am going to have to pay the excess and get it sorted.

c9feab78a8b8653c30a258c95bf0a68b.jpg

When I visited in Jan-March, I was told just this. The houses in my old neighbourhood (weltevreden park) are being marketed for roughly the same price (maybe +10-15%) as when I left 8 years ago...

Sold my house finally..not an easy thing to do from this side. Ended up with about a -4% real growth. Was a bad pill to swallow but no choice and rather just take it as part of confirmation that we doing the right thing!

Some bad....

Took the kids to see a Kiwi breeding programme in Rotorua. Parked in the parking lot.

Some lowlife asshole bumped my car and left. No card or note.

Looks like I am going to have to pay the excess and get it sorted.

c9feab78a8b8653c30a258c95bf0a68b.jpg

Swak...

When I visited in Jan-March, I was told just this. The houses in my old neighbourhood (weltevreden park) are being marketed for roughly the same price (maybe +10-15%) as when I left 8 years ago...

Sold my house finally..not an easy thing to do from this side. Ended up with about a -4% real growth. Was a bad pill to swallow but no choice and rather just take it as part of confirmation that we doing the right thing!

My Mom has just sold her house in Randpark Ridge in order to downsize. She owes nothing on the mortgage, but is hesitant to buy again because some of the townhouses she has looked at (in Sundowner area) have sold for about 15% less than they were purchased at 4yrs prior.

Even my previous boss only managed to sell for R100k more (on R4.8m) on his Dunkeld West luxury apartment after 5yrs of ownership.

Ultimately my Mom wants to come to NZ (once the government decides what to do with parental residency visas). So she is seriously considering renting for the next few years.

Anyone imported or know anyone who has imported a firearm with them when immigrating?

And air rifle.

Looking for some advice.

Edited by davetapson

I got off work early today and rode from Mowbray through to Camp's Bay, up to signal hill and back home in a cold wind.

I had the feeling one gets when sitting with a woman you've loved a long time and worry that you need to leave.

I hope there was plenty of gloating by our resident kiwis this week.... It only comes around every ten years or so now... Relish it!

I hope there was plenty of gloating by our resident kiwis this week.... It only comes around every ten years or so now... Relish it!

Was able to wear the springbok supporters shirt a good mate gave me recently...without being embarrassed. Rare footage!

Been trying for weeks to close an old unused FNB credit card. It has a positive balance but I no longer need it.

What a mission.

Have been on hold and passed around for an hour, only to be disconnected.

Screw them...I have sent enough correspondence. Let it just run for years and years. I no longer care.

Been trying for weeks to close an old unused FNB credit card. It has a positive balance but I no longer need it.

What a mission.

Screw them...I have sent enough correspondence. Let it just run for years and years. I no longer care.

When I wanted to close my FNB accounts, they just said leave it empty for a few months and it will close itself...

What a mission.

I'm in the same boat. Was ultimately told that you either close it in a branch or it doesn't get closed. 

What a mission.

I'm in the same boat. Was ultimately told that you either close it in a branch or it doesn't get closed. 

And I can only assume they will happily keep hitting you with monthly banking charges whilst not letting you close your account from another freaking country?

And I can only assume they will happily keep hitting you with monthly banking charges whilst not letting you close your account from another freaking country?

But FNB Steve are such a great bank, have you not seen/heard all their great adverts  :eek: ................................NOT  :cursing: