New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to wife laying off the staff in her business in SA. She ran it like a family. Doing her best to give them as much as possible.

I'm a cynical f*ck at the best of times but this is heart breaking.

She was speaking to one of the doctors who used to work for her. Says they are seeing so many sick people with COVID like symptoms. Tests have a week long turn around and those people are going out into the general population. She's sick herself.

Edited by davetapson

The good... well the silver lining...

BEST COMMUTE TO WORK EVER!!

SH1 was like a dream this morning. Milford to Auckland City Hospital in 15min.

And as an added bonus FREE PARKING from today, while we're running on essential staff and visitor numbers are drastically reduced.

All that aside, there were still more cars on the road than I thought there would be. We've been told to keep our DHB staff passes on us at all times in case the police start pulling people over to see why they are out and about.

Edited by patches

The good... well the silver lining...

BEST COMMUTE TO WORK EVER!!

SH1 was like a dream this morning. Milford to Auckland City Hospital in 15min.

And as an added bonus FREE PARKING from total, while we're running on essential staff and visitor numbers are drastically reduced.

All that aside, there were still more cars on the road than I thought there would be. We've been told to keep our DHB staff passes on us at all times in case the police start pulling people over to see why they are out and about.

Keep safe Patch

Edcon going down the tubes. Not going to pay suppliers.

It's going to get hectic in SA.

First time I've put a transfer through to my mom for > 10:1

To be honest, Edcon has been circling the drain for a number of years now.

Old business model that has not adapted with the times. Inventory few people want, no online presence. Was never going to end well, Covid-19 will be a convenient excuse for many failing companies I think

To be honest, Edcon has been circling the drain for a number of years now.

Old business model that has not adapted with the times. Inventory few people want, no online presence. Was never going to end well, Covid-19 will be a convenient excuse for many failing companies I think

Excuse, or tipping point. For sure.

How is everyone doing?

We are doing well. I have a bit of a cold, so paranoid as hell but will pop in to the doc today to sort it out. Comes from moving in the rain!!

I see you guys still have some lockdown chancers playing touchie or frisbee in the park but in all I think you guys are taking it more seriously than this side.

Some of the videos from the more vulnerable area's are scary. 

We're doing pretty well.  Some quality family time, eating more cr@p than is strictly healthy, odd run / ride, walk with the kids.

Did a cycle around the neighbourhood - it's like paradise - little traffic out, families out for family walks.

It's a pretty privileged time especially for those with kids - never again (?) is the government going to say "Go spend a month with your family doing family stuff."

At the back of my mind tho, is that the silence is the sound of the economy crashing.

But whatever, we will get through it, one way or another.

We're doing pretty well.  Some quality family time, eating more cr@p than is strictly healthy, odd run / ride, walk with the kids.

Did a cycle around the neighbourhood - it's like paradise - little traffic out, families out for family walks.

It's a pretty privileged time especially for those with kids - never again (?) is the government going to say "Go spend a month with your family doing family stuff."

At the back of my mind tho, is that the silence is the sound of the economy crashing.

But whatever, we will get through it, one way or another.

For once its the whole world economy suffering together. Normally its just SA getting shafted for some nonsense spewed by the president.