New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

Thought the threshold was $400; you may well receive an invoice from Customs later on which you will need to pay. I did when I bought a bike from CRC some years ago - the customs invoice arrived about 2 weeks after the bike did...

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought the threshold was $400; you may well receive an invoice from Customs later on which you will need to pay. I did when I bought a bike from CRC some years ago - the customs invoice arrived about 2 weeks after the bike did...

Oh crap, that may not be ideal.

I'll hold thumbs!

Stretching the on topic theme, a quick update after nearly a month in Toronto, loving it so far, everything is falling into place, documents, shipping container arriving, a place to rent etc.

Athough the all bikes are still in SA waiting for a groupage shipment and doesn't look like they will be here before the end of summer, I bought myself a Norco Hybrid commuter type bike, firstly to learn to get a round the city, two, teach myself to ride/drive on the right hand side of the road, well that the story I'm telling my wife and I'm sticking to it.(N+1)

Today was 32 deg felt like 38/40 with the humidity, this city is amazing with bike lanes and bike routes either marked on the roads or sign posted, also there is a mixed use corridors, much like the spruit but built and maintained by the city running along many of the rivers or creeks here, all beautifully maintained and used by runners, walkers, dog walkers and cyclist and not a angry word or scowl in sight ;-)

Also check out the attached pics of the a bike  maintenance station, this one was located near the University of Toronto, although I have seen another outside one of the subway stations alongside, not sure how many of these are sprinkled through the city.

And yes we do get New Zealand lamb chops here they are on special at about $6.99 per lb at the moment are super dik and incredibly lekker, Although we won't talk about steak, it is eye wateringly expensive here, 

Regards from Canada

Cheers

Dylan

post-70142-0-76692700-1466999601_thumb.jpg

post-70142-0-74110200-1466999666_thumb.jpg

post-70142-0-95270000-1466999680_thumb.jpg

post-70142-0-56014400-1466999694_thumb.jpg

Boys and girls, we need to plan a Rotorua trip. How's July looking for y'all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or August when we are down there for our Honeymoon?

In the meantime can we plan a date for the hubbers braai/BBQ and where?

I can make the following weekends 6th/7th, 13th & 14th or during the week from the 2nd to 19th August.

Boys and girls, we need to plan a Rotorua trip. How's July looking for y'all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm moving back to Whakatane end July - so looking good; August also good...

Or August when we are down there for our Honeymoon?

In the meantime can we plan a date for the hubbers braai/BBQ and where?

I can make the following weekends 6th/7th, 13th & 14th or during the week from the 2nd to 19th August.

Sounds good but I am going to be out of Orcland by then ;-)

I like the bit on the end, flashbacks to yesteryear:

"This is an old-fashioned community, we don’t lock our houses, we let kids run free. We have jobs, we have houses, but we don’t have people. We want to make this town vibrant again, we are waiting with open arms.”