New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

I have tons of fun around them! I almost wet my pants in the car on Tuesday eve! Flip she needs to go do drama or acting or something, she is SOOOOO entertaining! And each boy should be sent to Wayne to be taught the lessons on how to be a gentleman, their son is far ahead of kids his age I think regarding that.

Thanks guys. Will show this to the mrs.

#feelingproud

I also forgot to mention that his kids are just so well behaved and awesome and his daughter is the cutest thing on two legs.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question A....I will kill my parents and in-laws should we decide to pack it in...It is the single most important factor keeping us in SA. Their grand children are their everything...

Maybe a tad harsh meneer

Maybe a tad harsh meneer

but why?

Its not a loaded statement at all....over and above every couple / person's circumstance are different...Some are single, some engaged, some in a relationship, some married, some have kids, some don't, some grand parents are still alive, some are not. Some considerations for me, might not be for them.

When I say I will kill my parents and in laws I am not being dramatic about it...their grand children are their everything. We are very blessed wrt this...in the sense that we have a great support system in family and friends that will move heaven and earth for my little one.

I am not saying that people that relocated don't love their parents....I am just talking about MY situation.  In fact I think people pulling the trigger are very brave.

Getting closer to our honeymoon visit, Hubbers can we set a date please so I can plan my travels as we have plenty to see.

Weekends of the 6th & 7th or 13th & 14th. Can also do a during the week dinner.

Staying in Hillcreast near Auckland and def willing to travel.

but why?

Its not a loaded statement at all....over and above every couple / person's circumstance are different...Some are single, some engaged, some in a relationship, some married, some have kids, some don't, some grand parents are still alive, some are not. Some considerations for me, might not be for them.

When I say I will kill my parents and in laws I am not being dramatic about it...their grand children are their everything. We are very blessed wrt this...in the sense that we have a great support system in family and friends that will move heaven and earth for my little one.

I am not saying that people that relocated don't love their parents....I am just talking about MY situation.  In fact I think people pulling the trigger are very brave.

"..I will kill my parents and in-laws"

Since 2003 basically I haven't lived in the same provinces as any of my family members, and saw my folks max 2 or 3 times a year the last 4 years. For me coming to a new place where I have no family or pre-known friends really (met a few on this thread back home but we never did anything together there) is the easy part at this moment. When my folks need me now it is still for simple things, however when they get older /sick /injured it will be a different story. 

I'm lucky that the Potgieters are here though. Hanging out with them and stopping by for a short 5 min coffee (okay, it's never just 5min) on my way home from work gives me my family feel dose. 

It seems my sis will also visit the whole of the Dec and Jan holiday and I will probably visit  home in August next year. (that's if my folks don't come before that) 

Old badass has always been such a big does  :P

Wayne you legend, I didn't check you often, but you are missed this side

Great stuff H, I'm slightly different though in that I have three siblings with their families here, our kids pay together, Grandparents are a huge part in our and our kids lives and I'm also lucky with a great group of mates, many of over 20yrs.

Your family dynamic allows me a better understanding of your movements - really wish you well, and I kind of know you will make it work :thumbup:  

the addition of a "t" would make it much more socially acceptable. 

I do believe english are not his first language captain ....

Thats what he meant I am pretty certain  :lol:

Actually guys no....I very much mean "I"

"It" will imply that I had no control over it....which isn't true. 

Actually guys no....I very much mean "I"

"It" will imply that I had no control over it....which isn't true. 

Fair enough... won't get into the semantics of the grammer, but get you 100%

I'm pretty much in the same boat.

My old man moved to Calitzdorp about 5yrs ago, we see him 4-6 times a year and even that is just hard... he's always gutted to miss a birthday or anything, but he can at least chat with his grand daughters whenever he likes and there is the regular visits to really bond and catch up. But I know he is happy there, he is not a city boy, and he gave up so much for us kids, raising three boys and a girl on his own after my mom passed when I was three.

I could never hold his move against him - he's found his happy place. My in laws are so much apart of our girls lives though it's a massive loss if they just go away for a few weeks... family is awesome, and I'm very blessed in that regard  :thumbup:

Old badass has always been such a big does  :P

Wayne you legend, I didn't check you often, but you are missed this side

Great stuff H, I'm slightly different though in that I have three siblings with their families here, our kids pay together, Grandparents are a huge part in our and our kids lives and I'm also lucky with a great group of mates, many of over 20yrs.

Your family dynamic allows me a better understanding of your movements - really wish you well, and I kind of know you will make it work :thumbup:  

It is different for each and everyone.  All my friends had already scattered all over the world.  We were like the last boyscout.  My sister also moved to Germany about 4 years ago.  My wife left her siblings behind but there is a fairly good chance that one of them might also be moving this direction.  On the flip side, my oldest daughter was diagnosed with depression and is now getting treatment that we never would have gotten had we been in SA (not even talking about the costs).  Things do happen for a reason.

Fair enough... won't get into the semantics of the grammer, but get you 100%

I'm pretty much in the same boat.

My old man moved to Calitzdorp about 5yrs ago, we see him 4-6 times a year and even that is just hard... he's always gutted to miss a birthday or anything, but he can at least chat with his grand daughters whenever he likes and there is the regular visits to really bond and catch up. But I know he is happy there, he is not a city boy, and he gave up so much for us kids, raising three boys and a girl on his own after my mom passed when I was three.

I could never hold his move against him - he's found his happy place. My in laws are so much apart of our girls lives though it's a massive loss if they just go away for a few weeks... family is awesome, and I'm very blessed in that regard  :thumbup:

Same story here A and with us its both my inlaws and parent. They are good to us and their grand child. We are a very close family seeing each other at least once a week. I will be lying if I said the thought of immigrating isn't on our minds....and I am sure if it comes to that, the family will support our decision but I will have to live with the fact that the decision has real consequence ito their lives.

It is different for each and everyone.  All my friends had already scattered all over the world.  We were like the last boyscout.  My sister also moved to Germany about 4 years ago.  My wife left her siblings behind but there is a fairly good chance that one of them might also be moving this direction.  On the flip side, my oldest daughter was diagnosed with depression and is now getting treatment that we never would have gotten had we been in SA (not even talking about the costs).  Things do happen for a reason.

How hard is it to relocate your parents and in-laws with you....real question here or is it impossible ito red tape