New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

I have been a little off the cycling thing this winter, with my bikes in a container between SA and here, so I am keen to reconnect with my bikes again!

Wayne, I'll pm you some deets..

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rotovegas? Or Woodhill?

Woodhill

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I heard about 'new' trails in Muriwai. Apparently they are 'sand' base so dry fast.

This is one section which will give you guys an indication to where they are:

https://www.strava.com/segments/10926622

I am going to spend some quality time on my road bike in the months to come, but will be keen for a group ride so will join on my mtb if it will be that type of ride..

Geez, the Hubber contingent in NZ is growing like mad.

Lets get a list going of all the folks on here that are in the land of the long white cloud.

(forgive me if i dont put your name on here - those that know me well will understand what a Moron I actually am)

Wayne - East Auckland

Ramrod - North Shore

Hayley - East Auckland

Intern - Whakatane

DawieO - 

NiteRider - Maraetai

Delgado - (i think Wellington)

Patches - Earthquake Central

Beanz - Not Sure

Big Bens Brother

Pappa Bear -  Not Sure

Nolipoli - North Shore

Actually, perhaps if you are keen, PM me your local numbers. I will create a whatsapp group for rides and general misbehaving.

Sweet as Bro's (that includes you Hayley)

:thumbup: I'm based in Auckland (North Shore) mate! Another for your list is E1A104 who is down Wellington way

Edited by Delgado

A bad of NZ....MAGPIE's!

Vicious birds that attacks cyclists (and kids etc) .

For about 3 kms (1.5km one way) I had to walk through this one birds territory and fight him off with my helmet. It was scary man, he came in full attack multiple times and just didn't want to leave me alone. We are going to go shoot it :) So I can go ride there again.

Haha those are Aussie natives introduced to NZ (I think). Every spring for about 6 weeks they get a bit feisty... There's some great footage out there from people who mounted GoPros to their helmets.

I've had another type of swooping bird draw blood right above my eye.

Here in Aus they are of course protected. I find it quite funny when they attack, they are persistent little buggers!

Round here in Sydney you'll see heaps of cyclists riding around with zip ties sticking out of their helmet, this is supposed to stop them attacking. Or putting eyes on the back of your helmet....

A bad of NZ....MAGPIE's!

Vicious birds that attacks cyclists (and kids etc) .

For about 3 kms (1.5km one way) I had to walk through this one birds territory and fight him off with my helmet. It was scary man, he came in full attack multiple times and just didn't want to leave me alone. We are going to go shoot it :) So I can go ride there again.

I honestly hope that was said in jest.

I think Hayley will look better with sticks in her helmet hahahaha

Why?

They are a pest. There was a little boy attacked out of no where and lost his eye sight in one eye last week.

Why?

They are a pest. There was a little boy attacked out of no where and lost his eye sight in one eye last week.

Technically you are the pest, you in his home....

But I hear your frustration...

Technically you are the pest, you in his home....

But I hear your frustration...

I didn't attack or try to harm him though... He is welcome to stay, just doesn't have to attack anyone I think