New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fugging idiots. Not NZ, teh plonkers who stuff it up for the rest of us.

Think I should get my children their little purple passports instead of travelling on South African as less visas needed it seems.

Think I should get my children their little purple passports instead of travelling on South African as less visas needed it seems.

Yeah... helps to have both..green for sadac...purple for the rest of the world!..and ease of travel for when they are older! Fortunately i did when exchange rates were easier on the pocket

That's bad news. it is already expensive for Safas to come here, that just got more so and also more complicated.

This is something I was fearful about in 2009 already, that as demand for places in 'desirable' countries increases, the gates will start closing. NZ is experiencing record immigration at present, with most coming from the UK and the East, along with a healthy smattering of Safas, and the place is getting 'full'. There is plenty of noise about the need to close the tap and I reckon the visa requirement is a step towards that, notwithstanding the putative reasons of false documents (though anyone who knows how easy it is to get an 'official' SA passport must surely recognise that other countries are obliged to step up their defences). 

That said, Safas are generally welcomed, certainly more so than those from the East or other countries where the culture and demographics differ from those of a post-colonial country with similar cultures. But IMO, time is running out for an easy move and it will not only get harder but also more expensive.

That's bad news. it is already expensive for Safas to come here, that just got more so and also more complicated.

This is something I was fearful about in 2009 already, that as demand for places in 'desirable' countries increases, the gates will start closing. NZ is experiencing record immigration at present, with most coming from the UK and the East, along with a healthy smattering of Safas, and the place is getting 'full'. There is plenty of noise about the need to close the tap and I reckon the visa requirement is a step towards that, notwithstanding the putative reasons of false documents (though anyone who knows how easy it is to get an 'official' SA passport must surely recognise that other countries are obliged to step up their defences). 

That said, Safas are generally welcomed, certainly more so than those from the East or other countries where the culture and demographics differ from those of a post-colonial country with similar cultures. But IMO, time is running out for an easy move and it will not only get harder but also more expensive.

Well I am planning a visit November next year so I better apply now.You hobbits are very slow.What does a flight cost between Auckland and Nelson?

Well I am planning a visit November next year so I better apply now.You hobbits are very slow.What does a flight cost between Auckland and Nelson?

Ironically i have just booked one on jetstar.

Flight auckland to nelson with luggage over a weekend was $238 return

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ironically i have just booked one on jetstar.

Flight auckland to nelson with luggage over a weekend was $238 return

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

At 10 to one thats R2300.Not bad.

I will be visiting my cousin there and there is some famous hike she wants me to do

Probably the Heaphy Track, Kranswurm. I've not been to Nelson, there's a good chance you'll get there before me.

Probably the Heaphy Track, Kranswurm. I've not been to Nelson, there's a good chance you'll get there before me.

No idea.I will asked her

Oh yeah, sorry about the magpies and possums over there ;)

Magpies are sooo annoying this time of year... only a few more weeks to go though!

MAGPIE INCOMING

http://www.nrc.govt.nz/contentassets/73eff19154d94a4b8465f1d806f9d7d2/magpie-flying-copyright-nga-manu-images-400.jpg

Edited by Odinson

Oh yeah, sorry about the magpies and possums over there ;)

Magpies are sooo annoying this time of year... only a few more weeks to go though!

I have the wind for resistance training and the magpies for sprint training now :D

I see one and I pedal my heart out...while saying a bad word or 2!

Front page of our local newspaper today

0dca2b205f66bc4eaa9a738512245649.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahahah the term "first world problems" comes to mind when that is headline news on one's local newspaper.

Guess it beats news of rioting students