New Zealand - commuting by bike - aish they have it bad too

mudda

It looks like a tjop vs tjop issue. Many times he is almost in the middle of the road and dont make way for cars even though there is space

Absolutely correct

Eish. There's a long list of things (including he himself) conspiring against that cyclist.

It's only a matter of time......

yeah he looks like a bit of a chop rider....interesting, in australia, cyclists are allowed to take the entire lane and cars have to switch lane to pass.  on roads with no shoulder, this is recommended rather than ride on the left

yeah he looks like a bit of a chop rider....interesting, in australia, cyclists are allowed to take the entire lane and cars have to switch lane to pass.  on roads with no shoulder, this is recommended rather than ride on the left

Yip. UK to.

Watch the video again - watch especially where he does ride in the middle of the road - there is a reason he does this.

In the UK the government advises cyclists to ride in the middle of the road at "pinch points" i.e. where the road narrows and it would be dangerous for cars to pass the cyclist.

That's not the reason why the guy is riding in the middle of the road at certain points, - it may be for other points, but there is a far more obvious reason. Hint - look at the specific distance he rides away from the side of the road.

Watch the video again - watch especially where he does ride in the middle of the road - there is a reason he does this.

In the UK the government advises cyclists to ride in the middle of the road at "pinch points" i.e. where the road narrows and it would be dangerous for cars to pass the cyclist.

That's not the reason why the guy is riding in the middle of the road at certain points, - it may be for other points, but there is a far more obvious reason. Hint - look at the specific distance he rides away from the side of the road.

It's mostly so that he does not get doored by parked cars to his left when he is further right into the road. Either way, he has a kuk attitude, despite his close shaves and as a regular cyclist will likely wind up every motorist on his regular routes!

Kill 'em with kindness in the face of their stupidity, smile, wave and they come away from that interaction changed people. We can't expect motorists to humanise us on the roads if all we're doing is acting like pent up pr1cks making the gulf between us and them ever larger! 

It's mostly so that he does not get doored by parked cars to his left when he is further right into the road. Either way, he has a kuk attitude, despite his close shaves and as a regular cyclist will likely wind up every motorist on his regular routes!

Kill 'em with kindness in the face of their stupidity, smile, wave and they come away from that interaction changed people. We can't expect motorists to humanise us on the roads if all we're doing is acting like pent up pr1cks making the gulf between us and them ever larger! 

Yip. The foul language is not cool -   something we're all guilty of at some point (if we are honest) -  but its not cool.

Motorists in SA (and other places) will always think saving a few seconds is more important than a  human life sadly. Over 14 thousand fatalities this year so far sadly proves this.

http://www.fatalmoves.com/#!test-counter/cq8q