Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Thanx Shaper, looked on my account, for my normal discovery platinum credit card they charge me R100 per month, so looking at the new discovery bank options either gold or platinum would do i think..

Have you included the annual costs too? Miles and card fees.

When I did the comparison, the platinum card made more sense compared to the gold card. Yes, the fees were less on the gold card, but the rewards were more. I was supposed to cancel my ABSA account as the platinum bundle was cheaper than the gold card (Discovery) and ABSA account combined.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i see my activities from friday and today have finally pulled through to discovery but points not yet calculated

ditto, for the wife.

My Garmin workouts and steps have pulled through. But not my Virgin Active 100 points, since last Wednesday (5 different ones). Monday pulled through fine

Edit: see that discovery is aware of the issue going back to the 14th, and are trying to fix it

Edited by JCA12

Hey guys, quick question re. Discovery Bank. 

Since I moved over to Discovery Bank, I have noticed we are no longer getting the Discovery Miles Multiplier (when you spend with partner stores such as BP and Pick 'n Pay). obviously the active rewards and banking rewards have replaced the 'Multiplier' programme.

Does this mean that we no longer get more miles granted at the partner stores? Or will we just get more 'Base' miles if we go to BP as an example? 

Sorry if this is unclear  :wacko:

No more Multiplier from what they have advised.

I am making the switch next month as my old Disco credit card expires.

I just switched a week ago. No more miles multiplier. The benefits are now in the form of "Dynamic Discounts", ie. percentages of cash back paid in discovery miles.

On the platinum discovery card / diamond vitality level I was earning base miles at 1 per R15, plus 10x booster. Now on Discovery Bank platinum credit card / silver money status, I am only earning base miles at 1 per R50 on all purchases and then an extra 10.5% back on HealthyLiving items only, and 6.5% on fuel.

post-59129-0-17764200-1579607673_thumb.jpg

I just switched a week ago. No more miles multiplier. The benefits are now in the form of "Dynamic Discounts", ie. percentages of cash back paid in discovery miles.

On the platinum discovery card / diamond vitality level I was earning base miles at 1 per R15, plus 10x booster. Now on Discovery Bank platinum credit card / silver money status, I am only earning base miles at 1 per R50 on all purchases and then an extra 10.5% back on HealthyLiving items only, and 6.5% on fuel.

I was also disappointed to find the attached graphic when I looked into why I wasn't accumulating Miles as fast as I usually did - annoying that this wasn't made clear to begin with.

I suspect that Woolies and fuel discounts also only apply when using the main card - so I'm not getting anything for my wife's swipes on the secondary card. I haven't confirmed this yet though and haven't been able to find anything about it in the fine print yet.

Is activating a device booster still available. Anyone on here care to comment if it's worth it buying a device from Sportsmans warehouse for this cash back thing?

A lot of places selling Forerunners cheaper than Sportsmans Warehouse and Total Sports. 

I'm very new to Discovery btw......

Edited by EmptyB

Is activating a device booster still available. Anyone on here care to comment if it's worth it buying a device from Sportsmans warehouse for this cash back thing?

A lot of places selling Forerunners cheaper than Sportsmans Warehouse and Total Sports. 

I'm very new to Discovery btw......

I have a Polar watch via the device booster. I got 15% back the next month and i get (I think)  50% back over the next 2 years, so in total a 65% discount. You have to make sure that you hit your exercise goals every week though to get the 50%  back over 2 years. I don't find that an issue, but i can imagine others might.

Speaking of that, off to gym ......

any news on when the problems will be sorted out

Still showing on the site that there is a problem with gym visits and points not pulling through. Not sure how much longer it will go on, but I have now got a missed goal for last week, where I should be 100 points over.

None of my steps or activities are pulling through. My wife’s are but she’s not getting any points for them - just says “points not calculated yet”

I haven't been on vitality for more than a year now... Yet last night my Discovery app popped up that I had earned 100 Discovery miles for reaching my weekly goal.  :huh: 

Their systems a truly confused.

My activities and points are pulling through, I get notifications saying that I'm getting Discovery miles for hitting the bank and health weekly targets and I could play the board this morning, but my Discovery miles total didn't change. The system is really not well at the moment. Hopefully it gets sorted soon...

I haven't been on vitality for more than a year now... Yet last night my Discovery app popped up that I had earned 100 Discovery miles for reaching my weekly goal. :huh:

Their systems a truly confused.

Thats correct

once you reach a weekly goal, it automatically gives you the 100 miles