Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My memory is like a sieve...

it was this that I was looking for

cf-lg.jpg

Quick Release Kit (Forerunner® Series)
Part Number: 010-11215-02

You would remove the strap from the Forerunner watch and mount it using the bracket (bottom left). It can then be used with the normal out front mount, or placed on the stem.

Edited by geraldm24

I'm a huge Apple fan. Won't have any other phone. This watch however, really sounds like a gimmick. If you have a Garmin/proper cycling computer already, you're better off keeping that for the bike, and if you want a step counter (which to me is all the Apple watch is a glorified version of), there are much cheaper options out there. If you run and swim too, then a proper sports watch is a better option than the Apple watch.

The only allure is that it's 'free', if you reach your fitness goals. But I don't have a discovery card, nor do I want one.

Anyone know who has stock of the 42mm in black in Cape Town? They aren't answering their phones...

Anyone know who has stock of the 42mm in black in Cape Town? They aren't answering their phones...

Not sure about CT but in the big smoke they getting stock daily and selling out almost immediately.

I think people are forgetting the primary purpose of this watch. It's a smart watch with fitness capabilities. Not a fitness watch with smart capabilities

That very well be the case but Vitality do not see it that way as they are promoting it as a fitness watch, use it, get healthy, get to your goals recorded using the watch, get the watch for free for doing so!

And agree people are forgetting its primary purpose to which you can blame Discovery for that ;)

Edited by shaper

Got my reward this morning too.

As for next year, it looks promising... unless the fitness goal target increases according to your activity levels, i.e. You would get 1500 points for a 50-99Km road cycle or 120 - 359 minutes moderate device workout or 90-119 minute vigorous device workout. I assume the goal will not be 1500 points as that would imply only one workout per week. I think their objective is to get people working out daily, hence the lower level points.

Suddenly the "free" stuff requires actual work.

attachicon.gifvitality fitness points.PNG

Hey Gerald, where did you get this from? Looking for it online and it cannot be found. Also looks to be a bit short on data.. 

Hey Gerald, where did you get this from? Looking for it online and it cannot be found. Also looks to be a bit short on data..

I got it from the Vitality website. I'll check later.

I can't check now as our internet privileges have been revoked effectively immediately so I will only be on the Bikehub at night from today onwards.[emoji36]

I got it from the Vitality website. I'll check later.

I can't check now as our internet privileges have been revoked effectively immediately so I will only be on the Bikehub at night from today onwards.[emoji36]

What?!