Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I signed up for cadence yesterday...the self loops program used for training can be uploaded to strava...but no points for strava from next month...the sessions record heart rate...cadence and power...any ideas on where to upload the self loops results to get the vitality points?

I have the same problem at Power Performance Centre, they use Cycleops Virtual Training, and i dont know what to do (they havent been helpful). 

People, scroll a few posts/pages back, a workaround will be revealed.

strava - tapiriik - garmin connect - vitality

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question - apologies if it has been discussed:

I understand that fitness points are capped at 30 000 but do events fall into this category or are they separate?

Thanks

Quick question - apologies if it has been discussed:

I understand that fitness points are capped at 30 000 but do events fall into this category or are they separate?

Thanks

Yup, Event points are included in the 30 000 cap. Assessments on the other hand are not

I have the same problem at Power Performance Centre, they use Cycleops Virtual Training, and i dont know what to do (they havent been helpful). 

I do Pain Cave in Benoni, (probably a similar activity to the ones you do). At Pain Cave they email and email after the activity with all the detail of the session and a tcx file. In Garmin Connect you can upload a ride using that TCX file.

and i think its poor form by Team Vitality to only  have the races updated until March 21. I want to enter Emperor's Palace Classic and entries close on March 28, its over R400 which i think is very high and I would like to know if I am getting cash back before I enter. Have told them to get with it! 

What is over R400?

Entry fee for Emperors (R345), or

Your cashback claims

What is over R400?

Entry fee for Emperors (R345), or

Your cashback claims

sorry i meant over R300 for the  race - its R345 which is really getting a bit ridiculous. 

Guest notmyname

And today's ride emphasizes why this new scaling system is crap.

3h15m, 59km, 1200m, 154bpm. So, because my average heart rate was 79.38% of max, I would be be getting 300 lousy points, instead of 1500 points.

For goodness sake, I was climbing for 2 hours today.

Disco pigs. I've lost interest in vitality again. Funny that...

Oh... delinked my profile. It came to me late last Monday. What great/skollie way to mine data.

Edited by Small Fry

People, scroll a few posts/pages back, a workaround will be revealed.

strava - tapiriik - garmin connect - vitality

BTW does this actually work?

I tried this for my ride yesterday. Delinked strava on disco and everything pulled through to garmin but i checked this morning and my activity is not in disco. Even though it says my garmin account was synced at 4am.

BTW does this actually work?

I tried this for my ride yesterday. Delinked strava on disco and everything pulled through to garmin but i checked this morning and my activity is not in disco. Even though it says my garmin account was synced at 4am.

My ride from yesterday only showed this morning. Was showing as pending all day yesterday. Not sure if they have a new protocol to verify data.

Reached 45000 today, so I'm sorted for 2016! 

Does anyone know why sometimes if I do a 100+ km ride, it falls under the "120+ min at vigorous" blah blah and not the "100+ km distance"??? Just curious, even though either gives the max points?

Saw something on the Tapiriik website saying that the device shows as Tapiriik on the Garmin Connect, could be that Discovery are looking out for that

My ride from yesterday only showed this morning. Was showing as pending all day yesterday. Not sure if they have a new protocol to verify data.

where did you see it as "pending"

Saw something on the Tapiriik website saying that the device shows as Tapiriik on the Garmin Connect, could be that Discovery are looking out for that

I saw on garmin connect it says device unknown

Disco pigs. I've lost interest in vitality again. Funny that...

Oh... delinked my profile. It came to me late last Monday. What great/skollie way to mine data.

They've always said that they need data, and it's by no means a "skollie" way to mine it. This sort of data, from a life and medical insurance standpoint, is gold dust. They also said it in the launch. BTW - if you think STRAVA & Garmin etc aren't selling off the data they get from you... 

With this, though, they'll be able to track exercise & health data with their OWN client database far more accurately than they would be if they were buying behavioural analytic data from an unrelated 3rd party. 

Why the vehemence though? They've always said (as have we, here) that the metrics are likely to change with the points allocations, as they got more data... It's still easier to get points than it was last year, and if anything the benefits themselves have improved.