Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

One for Miles.

New Points Monitor does not allow the primary member, who pays the membership fee and stands to lose most, to view family member points. The option is greyed out.

Disco says tough takkies, it's privacy regulations, nog al. Not once but in 2 separate emails.

What privacy regulations exactly when I am the member and they are merely add ons?

Your recent POINTS

Welcome to the new Vitality Points Monitor. You can access the old version of the Points Monitor to view your points by category or points earned for everyone on your policy over the last 12 months here.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your recent POINTS

Welcome to the new Vitality Points Monitor. You can access the old version of the Points Monitor to view your points by category or points earned for everyone on your policy over the last 12 months here.

Exactly. How can privacy be a concern if one can still do that? The new version is easier to read as it shows the workout in date order. Not in workout category order where one has to hunt for the relevant item.

Your recent POINTS

Welcome to the new Vitality Points Monitor. You can access the old version of the Points Monitor to view your points by category or points earned for everyone on your policy over the last 12 months here.

Probably an idiotic decision taken pursuant to some misguided POPI training.

Like when Wits refused to send my daughters tuition fee statement to my email, as it was "confidential to the student". They did a re-think on that one when a certain student's fees did fall.

I had a similar reply when I enquired why my wife can't see the card details on her profile.

So she has no idea how much is available on the card, and always has to phone/whatsapp to find out if she can use the card. Not a bad thing, but from Discovery's point of view, it's due to privacy issues, as I am the account holder, and she only has a secondary card.

Still inordinately slow to reflect on Vitality, halfway through the week and three gym visits and HRM data not reflecting - according to Vitality I remain on zero of my 1100 target...

Assume the issue is with Discovery and not Polar/Virgin Active(?)

Still inordinately slow to reflect on Vitality, halfway through the week and three gym visits and HRM data not reflecting - according to Vitality I remain on zero of my 1100 target...

Assume the issue is with Discovery and not Polar/Virgin Active(?)

Same here, Virgin Active visits not showing but Garmin data almost immediately.

Edit: Saw a unrelated tweet about Polar not synching to TrainingPeaks, not sure if its the same problem.

Edited by jcza

Gym visits usually take a day or 2 , and sometimes never show. Probably a problem that has to be resolved by Virgin Active.

Gym visits usually take a day or 2 , and sometimes never show. Probably a problem that has to be resolved by Virgin Active.

If I'm really lucky, 1 out of 4 visits will show. 

Same here, Virgin Active visits not showing but Garmin data almost immediately.

Edit: Saw a unrelated tweet about Polar not synching to TrainingPeaks, not sure if its the same problem.

My wife says there was a problem syncing her Polar Loop for 2 days (known issue) but working again since yesterday ....

Garmin run this morning not reflected yet and VA visits usually reflect for me the day after

And i'm still struggling with my Suunto watch to get the points allocated to me..... :thumbdown:

After another fight with Discovery about not Getting my Points allocated to me when I use my Suunto Watch. I was told to take screen shots with dates, HR etc. I then refused to do it because then next week I just have to do it all over again. No, I told them its their problem and they must sort it out. I'm not going to take hundreds of Screen shot just to get my points allocated to me, and then next week I have to do it all over again... :thumbdown:

Was Pissed off Big Time.

So they mailed me just now and said they have identified a problem why Suunto's workouts isn't pulling through and working on the problem to resolve it.

Lets hope they can fix it, otherwise I am cancelling my vitality.