Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I've never had issues with rides/runs/gym WO not uploading. The reason they take more than 1 day (mostly 2 days) is because Vitality is waiting for you to update perhaps something else that happened in that same 24 hours. If you walk say 10.000 steps, you get 100 points. For some reason you upload these steps (I have a FR15), so it should immediately reward you with 100 points? If you realize, o shucks, I still have a 10k night race tonight, you know this will guarantee you 300 points. Vitality will award you with this 300 points 48 hours after the upload time and date

You know what you've done in the week, you know what you are owed. If the entire amount does not reflect on Friday at 23:59:59, don't fret. The systems gives you 'til the Wednesday after the refreshed VP goal to upload these activities. 

Vitality have created a monster, but it's getting us active! That is what the aim is. Healthy body, healthy mind! 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another week of emailing screen shots, it seems  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

Come on Discovery.... How hard can it be to link the system to Garmin Connect accounts???

I've never had issues with rides/runs/gym WO not uploading. The reason they take more than 1 day (mostly 2 days) is because Vitality is waiting for you to update perhaps something else that happened in that same 24 hours. If you walk say 10.000 steps, you get 100 points. For some reason you upload these steps (I have a FR15), so it should immediately reward you with 100 points? If you realize, o shucks, I still have a 10k night race tonight, you know this will guarantee you 300 points. Vitality will award you with this 300 points 48 hours after the upload time and date.

You know what you've done in the week, you know what you are owed. If the entire amount does not reflect on Friday at 23:59:59, don't fret. The systems gives you 'til the Wednesday after the refreshed VP goal to upload these activities.

Vitality have created a monster, but it's getting us active! That is what the aim is. Healthy body, healthy mind!

If it's as simple as that I don't understand why Discovery apologizes for the syncing issues they've been having?

From my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never had issues with rides/runs/gym WO not uploading. The reason they take more than 1 day (mostly 2 days) is because Vitality is waiting for you to update perhaps something else that happened in that same 24 hours. If you walk say 10.000 steps, you get 100 points. For some reason you upload these steps (I have a FR15), so it should immediately reward you with 100 points? If you realize, o shucks, I still have a 10k night race tonight, you know this will guarantee you 300 points. Vitality will award you with this 300 points 48 hours after the upload time and date.

Not in my experience...

I selectively upload what I want them to see, and nothing more.

I've had a 300-point workout for 70-79%, but I saw that by cropping the ride I can get 600-points instead. If they awarded more points for a longer workout at moderate intensity I wouldn't have to resort to cropping my ride.

The 300 points show within a few minutes of the upload, and then changes to 600 when I upload the vigorous activity. The original file is deleted in GC and then reloaded in it's cropped version.

I've never had issues with rides/runs/gym WO not uploading. The reason they take more than 1 day (mostly 2 days) is because Vitality is waiting for you to update perhaps something else that happened in that same 24 hours. If you walk say 10.000 steps, you get 100 points. For some reason you upload these steps (I have a FR15), so it should immediately reward you with 100 points? If you realize, o shucks, I still have a 10k night race tonight, you know this will guarantee you 300 points. Vitality will award you with this 300 points 48 hours after the upload time and date

Absolute rubbish.

Both Polar and Garmin sync to Discovery within 5 minutes of loading anything on those 2 platforms. Points are normally allocated within 15 minutes.

If you do a bigger workout that earns more points Discovery does that on the next sync.

Edit: Picture evidence added.

post-35786-0-60389500-1466854661_thumb.jpg

Edited by carbon29er

If it's as simple as that I don't understand why Discovery apologizes for the syncing issues they've been having?

Because it's not. He is talking rubbish.

Absolute rubbish.

Both Polar and Garmin sync to Discovery within 5 minutes of loading anything on those 2 platforms. Points are normally allocated within 15 minutes.

If you do a bigger workout that earns more points Discovery does that on the next sync.

Edit: Picture evidence added.

Where are you viewing that information? Looks different to the mobile app.

Edit: Nevermind - it's been a while since I needed to look at the Points Monitor

Edited by geraldm24

Mine stopes syncing last week.. Any fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More detail?

What device or app? Has it stopped syncing to Discovery, or does it show it has synced and you are not getting any points allocated?

Fenix 3 via garmin connect that syncs to discovery. Shows synced on the app but mo points awarded.

Syncs fine to gc.

Check your Discovery App under Vitality > Devices and Apps to see if it has been syncing to Discovery, check the last time it synced. Sample below:

8f689241e44d7e740054cb681ea35e1d.jpg

If it has not been syncing recently you can try Delink, then re-link your Garmin account.

If it is up to date then you are one of the lucky few that has to take screenshots of all your activities and email them to: VITALITYESCALATIONS@discovery.co.za

Me too. Third week now of screen shots and the cases for the past two weeks are still pending so no points met yet. I'm getting tired of this crap.

Below, exercises are getting to Discovery. Just not to their "rewards" system. How "convenient".

62da8942605ad52a5b86ead9fe52b4dd.jpg

7b49b01624a1b837c9793ac0c0e01e77.jpg

3005e256fac971455382fd657d48bebb.jpg

1100 for me too

I reached last week's target only because I had to email screen shots of my 3 rides (only which 2 have reflected points).

Edited by splat