Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

look to see if you can crop the ride before/after and reload.

That's IF you want the points.

Have no idea how to do this but will read more into it. Shot.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have no idea how to do this but will read more into it. Shot.

Assuming you use Garmin, you can crop it (start or end) in Strava fitfiletools and then download the GPX .fitfile and back into GC. You need to delete the file in GC before it will allow a reload, so download the "original" file (.fit) and keep it as a backup copy.

Edit: it's not Strava, but fitfiletools.

Edited by geraldm24

Assuming you use Garmin, you can crop it (start or end) in Strava and then download the GPX file and back into GC. You need to delete the file in GC before it will allow a reload, so download the "original" file (.fit) and keep it as a backup copy.

Isn't it a lot easier to just stop your garmin when you wanna cool it down to less than 80% , and then hit re-start ?

Isn't it a lot easier to just stop your garmin when you wanna cool it down to less than 80% , and then hit re-start ?

Sure is, this is just the post-workout way

Sure is, this is just the post-workout way

[emoji106] got it !

But, its quite interesting that Discovery can't pick up that the file has been cropped, given that they can pick up if the .fit file has not been uploaded to GC from a Garmin device.

[emoji106] got it !

But, its quite interesting that Discovery can't pick up that the file has been cropped, given that they can pick up if the .fit file has not been uploaded to GC from a Garmin device.

i think it picks it up as it's an original Garmin file.

I've done it a few times since learning about it on this thread.

Edit: it's FitFileTools and not Strava. The file needs to stay in the original format. All you're doing is cropping the start/end data, or joining two rides together.

Edited by geraldm24

Edit: I am sorry to say this, but the increasing vehemence of your anti Discovery-ness has stripped you of your ability to make coherent posts on this thread.

Let's just imagine that you really are of no authority whether someone is entitled to an opinion or not...........even less the fact whether they may or may not be entitled to post on a forum or thread........

I have found a work around for this, when am spinning easy on the trainer to cool down, I sit up and just move my arms as if am running (although at walking pace movement) and i can elevate my HR slightly to what I require and yet still be cooling down  :ph34r:

I have found a work around for this, when am spinning easy on the trainer to cool down, I sit up and just move my arms as if am running (although at walking pace movement) and i can elevate my HR slightly to what I require and yet still be cooling down  :ph34r:

Yep, more body mass moving so the HR picks up to move a higher volume of blood. 

Absolute rubbish.

Both Polar and Garmin sync to Discovery within 5 minutes of loading anything on those 2 platforms. Points are normally allocated within 15 minutes.

If you do a bigger workout that earns more points Discovery does that on the next sync.

Edit: Picture evidence added.

It was working fine until this last week, something went wrong

I've had no issues up until the 24th where my ride didn't pull through.  Thought at first I hadn't met the speed (was cycling with my son), but when I checked it was more than 10km's per hour so I was supposed to get points.  Didn't take a change though and just did 10000 steps.

Active Rewards: Events not pulling through 

Some members are experiencing a technical error with events not pulling through for their Active Rewards cycle for 18 to 24 June. We are currently working on having these reprocessed before the current cycle closes.

2016-06-24

Not aimed at you but don't you think this hobby of how to get Vitality to work is getting totally silly now? Seriously I have to sit on my trainer when cooling down and move my arms like I'm running?

Not aimed at you but don't you think this hobby of how to get Vitality to work is getting totally silly now? Seriously I have to sit on my trainer when cooling down and move my arms like I'm running?

No. Its actually a lot of fun. And so long as one is not doing anything fraudulent, its also innocent fun.

Chris Froome rides with his arms out all over the place. If it's good enough for him, it's fine for a spin warm down.