Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

is this via the app?

Virgin Active

Many of you would have received the email from Virgin Active to go online and do a virtual class for more than 30 minutes to get 100 points.  In case you didn’t get it and you are a Virgin Active club member I have included the information here.

“Check out the Virgin Active app or visit virginactive.coach and log in with your MyVirginActive credentials to start earning Vitality points for getting active. We have worked in partnership with the Vitality team, to ensure that we continue to reward you for keeping active during these uncertain and challenging times. For every workout, or combination of workouts, over 30 minutes you can earn 100 Vitality points per day, for this lockdown period.  Each day you will have a new opportunity to earn points just by doing another 30+ minute workout. Simple.”

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes from what have read, in the link Frosty posted above...

Virgin Active has launched an online platform to help you keep active during this stay at home period. Download the Virgin Active app or visit virginactive.coach and log in with your MyVirginActive credentials and get started. To ensure that we continue to reward you for keeping active, for every workout or combination of workouts over 30 minutes you can earn 100 Vitality points per day, during the stay at home period. Each day you will have a new opportunity to earn points just by doing another 30+ minute workout. Terms and conditions apply.

cool, just called them and that's what they said, also said you need to take pics as proof! in the event that points do not reflect? send to webadmin@virginactive.co.za

cool, just called them and that's what they said, also said you need to take pics as proof! in the event that points do not reflect? send to webadmin@virginactive.co.za

Pics of what, the video running or you standing there in training kit?  Neither of which shows that you actually did the workout...

Pics of what, the video running or you standing there in training kit?  Neither of which shows that you actually did the workout...

yes, quite a bizarre request.

yes, quite a bizarre request.

Pics of what, the video running or you standing there in training kit? Neither of which shows that you actually did the workout...

System was a bit slow since last week , but I see they have given me all my points for missing video watching "workouts" I had

System was a bit slow since last week , but I see they have given me all my points for missing video watching "workouts" I had

I just watched a workout whilst making lunch and eating, to see if points get awarded  :ph34r:  :whistling:

I just watched a workout whilst making lunch and eating, to see if points get awarded  :ph34r:  :whistling:

LOL - i just finished a yoga session.. @Twaatie, what was the duration? Over 30 minutes?

LOL - i just finished a yoga session.. @Twaatie, what was the duration? Over 30 minutes?

Ya , video of 30mins or more , or you have to do 2 sub 30 min videos to get the points .

I just search for a 30min video to play

Virgin Active

Many of you would have received the email from Virgin Active to go online and do a virtual class for more than 30 minutes to get 100 points.  In case you didn’t get it and you are a Virgin Active club member I have included the information here.

“Check out the Virgin Active app or visit virginactive.coach and log in with your MyVirginActive credentials to start earning Vitality points for getting active. We have worked in partnership with the Vitality team, to ensure that we continue to reward you for keeping active during these uncertain and challenging times. For every workout, or combination of workouts, over 30 minutes you can earn 100 Vitality points per day, for this lockdown period.  Each day you will have a new opportunity to earn points just by doing another 30+ minute workout. Simple.”

From the looks of it, this is just to help you get to your (reduced) 300 points for the week for vitality active. As far as I remember, the rolling 12-month gym swipes thing was reduced before lockdown, so that people should be able to keep their gym benefit active. Would be nice to have some clarification that it's been reduced further or fallen away with lockdown now that gyms are closed, so that it stays active. (I'm also on the legacy deal.)

From the looks of it, this is just to help you get to your (reduced) 300 points for the week for vitality active. As far as I remember, the rolling 12-month gym swipes thing was reduced before lockdown, so that people should be able to keep their gym benefit active. Would be nice to have some clarification that it's been reduced further or fallen away with lockdown now that gyms are closed, so that it stays active. (I'm also on the legacy deal.)

Also on legacy gym contract

No idea if its fallen away or not , but the 30 min video counts as a gym visit when checking on discovery app

Exactly. Perhaps I'm completely missing this but I don't understand the panic over gym visits. Per a link posted earlier and the Discovery website https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/gym-visits-covid-19

Updates to the Vitality Gym benefit

Under normal circumstances, the Vitality gym benefit requires members to do at least 36 gym workouts during any 12-month rolling period. In these unusual times, we have adjusted the benefit for the stay at home period. For the duration of the stay at home period we will maintain the gym benefit as is for all our members. There is nothing that you need to do, as this will happen automatically. After the stay at home period is over the normal rules, terms and conditions will apply again.

To me that reads : you don't have to worry about gym visits until the lockdown ends.

Anyone else having issues with points not calculating? Did a workout on Sunday and on Tuesday, both of which are showing in my Discovery app, but show that the points haven't been calculated yet. Is this normal? Help page says it should calculate within 24/48 hours, which has obviously passed. 

Mine from Sat, Sun and Monday only loaded on Tuesday evening, if I remember correctly.

Correct. The 36 visits in a rolliong 12 month period requirement has been temporarily halted until lockdown ends / relaxes to the point that we can continue going to gym

Correct. The 36 visits in a rolliong 12 month period requirement has been temporarily halted until lockdown ends / relaxes to the point that we can continue going to gym

Thanks, I was worried as I just discovered that I need 7 visits by month end!