Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

That list is pathetic, only 2 events in the EC, Surfers which Discovery sponsor and Herald. Think I'll be joining Funtrax in EL this year.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoke to two of Discovery's "advisors" at their store in Sea Point. They weren't able to answer any of my Team Vitality questions without phoning for help. Good start. Just shows how clued up Discovery keep their own people.

First of all Team Vitality is not up and running as they are experiencing difficulties with "licensing" in the Western Cape - don't know when either.

Secondly, their stance now is that you won't get refunded the promised "up to 50%" for any races you have already pre-entered for prior to joining Team Vitality. So don't hold your breath for CT Cycle Tour, CT Cycle Tour MTB or 99niner for those already entered...

And their excuse: "Remember, Discovery is bringing out new products all the time. maybe join next year to save!"

Clueless bunch of nitwits...

im not going to read 23 pages but the long and the short of it is this:

you pay R600 and you get:

1. Your CSA license and your provincial affiliation fee paid for you (+- R200)

2. Some kit

3. Vouchers for Garmin etc

4. 50% of selected races

If you have already got your CSA license you are not going to get refunded this year - so it is pointless joining Team vitality this year -wait till next year if you have races in your area

If you have not got your CSA license and you plan to do some of the events on their list (if there is such a thing) then it may well be worth it

as far as I see it no one is holding a gun to your head to join or not..if you see no value in it then don't join...simple...

Edited by Stretch

Sigh.

Okay. For approx the 10th time in this thread alone.

Up to, because they only refund 50% of the pre entry fee amount.

If you buy a late entry, which is more expensive, you get less back as it's calculated at the PRE ENTRY fee. So if the late entry is double the price, you only get 25% of that back cos you're a lazy git and didn't buy them when they opened entries.

There are also other things that you can pay for when entering. T shirts, bottles etc etc. Yiu don't get anything back on those.

Hence... UP TO.

Capisce?

The race list shows next to some races that they will only refund 25% of those particular races, so that is why they say upto.

A lot has Changed since the Launch, The List of Races has over Quartered taking out all Triathlons except Discovery CT (when 70.3 and Ironman were on the initial list), a lot of the small amount of races on the list are down to max 25% cash back apart from most of the Discovery Sponsored ones, they now refuse to pay back any of the races already pre entered for the year, all a bit of a joke,  they have shot themselves in the foot in my opinion... Pre Launching a Fantastic product and then Diluting it 5x

And then they want you to Resign from your Dedicated Running club to wear their "T-Shirt" at Road races... I think not

The last list that was posted was supposed to be the first quarters races... new races were "to be added later"...

But now a lot are saying you wont get cash back on races entered pre joining, so say iv entered the 70.3, they add it to the list... I then pay my R900 Vitality memberships, do I still qualify for 25-50 % cash back?

No , as far as my Conversation with them anything already entered and paid for (even if on the list) ie, Argus, Two Oceans, Comrades etc you cant get cash back now, only new races you enter.

Answer was , you will benefit from them next year...after I pay my R300/R600/R900 plus ?% again

Hi ,

i Am truely astonished at what is going on here.

Admittedly I was looking forward to saving too which I am not gonna get and I am not joining the club.

But in the end It is a cycling or running club that they started with some benefits, Which we hoped would have been better. The cycle club I belong to is R500 a year. Pretty much on par with Vitality but I do not get a shirt , csa membership and no money back for any events.

So Although I will not be able to milk any cow for savings this is not really that bad a deal. Like a few guys said for newbie cyclist that get a nice shirt with the R600 . And a few buck on entries here and there.

I must say I do not see the need to carry on like you guys are.

Don't get me Wrong, this is still a Benefit and I will probably still Join the Cycling side of it.. as currently I don't have a Cycling club and pay my own CSA license.. So a free shirt and a few bucks back (to try and break even the R600) is better than nothing

My Point is the Programme was Launched as X and goes live as X-10.

They should have rather under Pitched and over Launched and people would be throwing money at them.

Hi ,

i Am truely astonished at what is going on here.

Admittedly I was looking forward to saving too which I am not gonna get and I am not joining the club.

But in the end It is a cycling or running club that they started with some benefits, Which we hoped would have been better. The cycle club I belong to is R500 a year. Pretty much on par with Vitality but I do not get a shirt , csa membership and no money back for any events.

So Although I will not be able to milk any cow for savings this is not really that bad a deal. Like a few guys said for newbie cyclist that get a nice shirt with the R600 . And a few buck on entries here and there.

I must say I do not see the need to carry on like you guys are.

Don't get me Wrong, this is still a Benefit and I will probably still Join the Cycling side of it.. as currently I don't have a Cycling club and pay my own CSA license.. So a free shirt and a few bucks back (to try and break even the R600) is better than nothing

My Point is the Programme was Launched as X and goes live as X-10.

They should have rather under Pitched and over Launched and people would be throwing money at them.

This, if you want to piss of a customer then go overpromising and underdelivering, it's something I personally hate. Be honest, portray it like it is from the start or drop the whole thing.