Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Try as I may, I cannot get Vitality to pull my ride data through from Garmin Connect. Spent hours on the phone, a visit to their office in Sandton (where they didn't have internet connection to the PC's in their help centre!!!!!), promised it would be sorted, phoned again, gotten reference numbers, blah blah blah.

This is the problem with living the Vitality life for me: when it works, it's great, but when there's a glitch, you are so badly screwed by their incompetence/system failings that it's enough motivation to stop all their programs entirely  :cursing:

Try linking from the App instead of the website 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just put a flat battery in your HR strap. My Garmin reads at 220+ if the battery goes flat...

On a more serious note, they will have to reconsider the new points allocation system. It does not make any sense to give someone zero points for a 3 hour plus base ride.  It will drive the wrong behavior and people will find new ways to cheat the system!

Edited by Rudi Pollard

Try as I may, I cannot get Vitality to pull my ride data through from Garmin Connect. Spent hours on the phone, a visit to their office in Sandton (where they didn't have internet connection to the PC's in their help centre!!!!!), promised it would be sorted, phoned again, gotten reference numbers, blah blah blah.

This is the problem with living the Vitality life for me: when it works, it's great, but when there's a glitch, you are so badly screwed by their incompetence/system failings that it's enough motivation to stop all their programs entirely  :cursing:

I did a quick 30min wattbikke session this morning and it did sync. 300 points. 

I used my garmin on the wattbike, uploaded to Vitality and Strava. I did yesterday plug my Garmin into the computer to update it and lost all my settings, had to save all my settings again and reconnect to Strava only. Took about 40 mins to get all right

At the end Discovery was taken for a ride by so many people that put in false recordings. I know I must not be judgmental now but please help me understand how a person that clearly don't train still get the different rewards from Kaui, etc. They work with me so I do know they don't train. I will also not agree how Discovery did it but time will tell and wonder what will happen now with the proposed rewards on flights that was soon to be announced. 

I used my garmin on the wattbike, uploaded to Vitality and Strava. I did yesterday plug my Garmin into the computer to update it and lost all my settings, had to save all my settings again and reconnect to Strava only. Took about 40 mins to get all right

At the end Discovery was taken for a ride by so many people that put in false recordings. I know I must not be judgmental now but please help me understand how a person that clearly don't train still get the different rewards from Kaui, etc. They work with me so I do know they don't train. I will also not agree how Discovery did it but time will tell and wonder what will happen now with the proposed rewards on flights that was soon to be announced. 

Dude. You don't know the half of it. It's mental. What people will do for a free smoothie. 

The problem discovery is sitting with is to eliminate the people who is currently cheating the system. The solution they have come up with now penalises fit active and honest people which is counter intuitive to the entire Vitality brand.

They have the right thing in mind but their knee jerk reaction has just pissed everyone off!!!

The problem discovery is sitting with is to eliminate the people who is currently cheating the system. The solution they have come up with now penalises fit active and honest people which is counter intuitive to the entire Vitality brand.

They have the right thing in mind but their knee jerk reaction has just pissed everyone off!!!

This. 

Agree with you on that. 

Hopefully they busy on working out a solution to accommodate the loyal/fair playing guys. 

Try linking from the App instead of the website 

I've tried this, the app just keeps showing that "loading" animation for about 10 min.

I've tried this, the app just keeps showing that "loading" animation for about 10 min.

It's time I registered my Garmin. Garmin tech advised me not to link it via the app but through the PC only

I found the website doing that. The App links thru to Garmin log on screen but then errors. However when checking it is then linked. Patience and keep trying. Seems like the backend is under massive strain and the call centre is a total waste of time.

I can't comment on running or other activities but I find that with cycling it is very easy to reach the weekly target. This has been a very easy week for me and I'm on 5600 points. 1 x long ride, 1 x coffee ride and 2 x one hour sessions on Wattbike at VA. 

It's time I registered my Garmin. Garmin tech advised me not to link it via the app but through the PC only

Link device to Garmin with PC

Link Vitality to Garmin with App 

Anything that is free, people go mental!!!!! 

This week, I will be missing my goal but I stil have 3 smoothies from passed weeks, from team rewards, soon they will expire.