Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

So, don't have the gym membership. Had 2 rewards and was going to take the Mrs for a smoothie at Bluff Kauai. Kauai is inside the gym and you cannot get to the Kauai without a gym membership card. With the dwindling number of Café Vidas and the ones at Shell petrol stations being expressly excluded. In addition that it appears that a majority of Kauai stores are in gyms. If you are not in one of the city centres seems that meeting your target doesn't mean anything.

Sent from my E5603 using Tapatalk

All virgin active needs is an ID nr of the person that goes in, I've got a national contract so im not bothered. My fiance though a local contract and shes got her smoothies from a variety of kauai's inside VA's. Just dont pitch up with your gym bag, Tekkies and a sweat band and claim you only want to use the kauai

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is on 200 and I haven't made goal since they excluded strava. Used to be on 1200 prior to the change.

Sent from my Nokia 6310i

All virgin active needs is an ID nr of the person that goes in, I've got a national contract so im not bothered. My fiance though a local contract and shes got her smoothies from a variety of kauai's inside VA's. Just dont pitch up with your gym bag, Tekkies and a sweat band and claim you only want to use the kauai

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

They weren't interested. No VA card, no access.

They weren't interested. No VA card, no access.

same happened to us my wive was not allowed I was refused entry to the boksburg VA I don't have a national membership so I could not go to the kauai with a cycling buddy after the ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cost me a whole R 20 for my coffee last week...huge saving of R40 + the extra petrol to go to vida [emoji3]

An appointment with the bio opens turnstiles

Or tell them you want to consider changing to tha branch and would like to check out the facilities - though you could only use that once :)

Cost me a whole R 20 for my coffee last week...huge saving of R40 + the extra petrol to go to vida [emoji3]

Got this lot back last week from Discovery

R112,40 Healthy gear

R172.50 Team Vitality

R181.25  Gym Booster

2 free smoothies

Was worth the 1.5km drive to the gym to collect... oh yes forgot, was going there anyway!! 

Enjoy your coffee that YOU have to pay for!!

So, don't have the gym membership. Had 2 rewards and was going to take the Mrs for a smoothie at Bluff Kauai. Kauai is inside the gym and you cannot get to the Kauai without a gym membership card. With the dwindling number of Café Vidas and the ones at Shell petrol stations being expressly excluded. In addition that it appears that a majority of Kauai stores are in gyms. If you are not in one of the city centres seems that meeting your target doesn't mean anything.

I see many people ordering from the Kuai from behind the Cable at the VA in Boksburg, must add it wasn't during a busy time.

up to 700. Sweet

Up to 700 to,

Mine went like this

Wonder howl long it will stay here, Since I had 1200 points in first week and 900 in second I have been trying not to exceed the goal.

Any one with a higher goal already?

Mine went:

700 for this week. First time it's stayed on the same value for 3 weeks.

Stayed on 600points... missed my goal last week by 100 points... 12km JURA(300 points), 2 x 6km runs (100 each) and zero for 1.5hours of squash :blush:

With a sick daughter and a wife who is training too, it's getting tricky. Seems I need to start hauling it on my short runs to be above 80%, but that's easier said than done as my cardio fitness is a lot better than the conditioning of my legs - I can smell an injury coming  :blush:

21km on Sat has me at 300 for the week... so either three runs this week at 'easy' pace or one lactate threshold lung buster  :D 

I know which option my physio would fancy :o

Got this lot back last week from Discovery

R112,40 Healthy gear

R172.50 Team Vitality

R181.25  Gym Booster

2 free smoothies

Was worth the 1.5km drive to the gym to collect... oh yes forgot, was going there anyway!! 

Enjoy your coffee that YOU have to pay for!!

how much did the healthy gear...fee for team vitality...vitality monthly fee...and gym contract...sign up fee etc etc etc cost you?

by the way coffee at the coffee guys taste much better ;)

Edited by isetech

how much did the healthy gear...fee for team vitality...vitality monthly fee...and gym contract...sign up fee etc etc etc cost you?

by the way coffee at the coffee guys taste much better ;)

Gym sign-up fee is approx R 1,250 once off and free thereafter if you hit your goals.

HealthyGear costs nothing to initiate, as does HealthyFood.

Free coffee is the best kind. 

Kulula discounts of 35% save me on average R 6,000 per year (family of 3 return to Durbs)

Vitality for the family is R 269 p/m. I'm getting more than that off just MY gym membership. Then there's the wife's, the lightie's, my life insurance paybacks, her life insurance paybacks, and and and. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew