Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see if the Apple Watch really gives a heart rate from gel or was it cream that someone posted?

I have tested mine, do not wear it very tight , it is always within one or two beats of my Wahoo Tikr Heart rate monitor and the average after an hour or longer I have not had the heart rate differ with more than 1.

So I have not had any issues with the watch. Have not used it much for training though.

I am waiting for the discount on flights they promised 9 months ago for meeting vitality fit goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt we will ever see that... the actuaries got this totally wrong... was mentioned once that they expected the majority who took up VAR would fall away within 4 months... not realising that money (paying for a iwatch) is more of a motivator than keeping fit.

Is probably why all the sporting events have become obscure ones as they know there will not be many team vitality members present and they wont have to pay out much

I doubt we will ever see that... the actuaries got this totally wrong... was mentioned once that they expected the majority who took up VAR would fall away within 4 months... not realising that money (paying for a iwatch) is more of a motivator than keeping fit.

Is probably why all the sporting events have become obscure ones as they know there will not be many team vitality members present and they wont have to pay out much

Looks like they want their Kale smoothie and drink it ;)

Last I heard they were just waiting for kulula.

This is my biggest gripe with discovery, brochures with promises and real life so different. They should only announce something when it's here and ready.

Suppose it's like the pure savage discount I ask for at all bike shops, just made up :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'd due to systems integration, last I heard.

well Kulula's website is just as crap as the Disco app so this is probably the reason why it's taking this long.

Hi Guys

1 I am looking for someone that actually meets their goals to join my team if you have a space available.

2 What is the best reward you guys have received if your entire team met their goals besides for smoothies?

Thank you in advance

You do get Gym discounts if you are paying a membership fee.

The gym discount is based on the individual and not the team.

It'd due to systems integration, last I heard.

Been involved with them and the integration on two separate sites and the vitality guys move the goalposts constantly... Everything is pretty much still being integrated manually

Discovery membership is already integrated into kulula's website as you can already book flights and get discount depending on your status (blue to diamond)... so cannot see how much more difficult it is adjusting your status and % saving including VAR??

Oh well, had a quick squizz this AM and see I am up to 800. Been in bed for two days...

Do I:

a) charge ahead, do a Myles and push for 208bpm?

B) get better and maybe miss my smoothie...

#DiscoverYncentives

#fuedforthought

I have to admit that my family has benefitted greatly from The Vitality/Discovery gym benefit. Signed up 8yrs ago and have averaged 120 visits a year(besides my wife and others), without a single swipe and go. This besides the fact that I cannot get to gym over Nov/Dec every year.

The introduction of Wattbikes, into the gyms, has added even more value to my membership! Now meet my personal cycling minimums in winter, without having to face the midlands early morning temperatures - what a bonus!

Trumping gym, is getting out on the road, so I get out there.

My personal fitness goals trump Vitalities, which I easily make weekly. Easily make their target off a single midweek jaunt, in the Midlands, so coffee/smoothie/cappuccino sorted(if that's the point).

Apple watches aside, perhaps some of us need to take the hint from Vitality, up our personal ante and get out there!

set your own targets and please, not as 'unchallenging' as Vitalities.

This is a cycling forum, or am I on the Midlands security group????????????????????????????????????????????????????

800 this week for my sins. Going to have to start paying attention now. But still easily doable.