Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

May I ask what device you are using for swimming. I have recently yanked out my old Polar 725x for this purpose- BUT the watch does not pick HR from the transmitter whilst the latter is under water. I have to stand up between laps for it to see heart rate. The result is that I am still only getting 100 points for the gym swipe.

Fenix 3...has a swim HR monitor, but it basically records your HR during your training session and transfers the data as soon as you are finished (and out of the water).  The problem with swimming is there is only one or two watches on the market that will give you a live HR while swimming, and only a few more that can record your HR while swimming.

Edit:

if you swim longer than 30min you will get 100 points for speed data only hehe. Sounds better than just a gym swipe, but the same effect.

Edited by Bad Hombre

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May I ask what device you are using for swimming. I have recently yanked out my old Polar 725x for this purpose- BUT the watch does not pick HR from the transmitter whilst the latter is under water. I have to stand up between laps for it to see heart rate. The result is that I am still only getting 100 points for the gym swipe.

HRM-SWIM paired to the Garmin fēnix 3. Polar does have a device that can read live HR in the water though. I used to have the RCX5 which would register live HR in the water.

Edited by Jigghead

just stitch the two activities together and reload to GC (the site where you can do it is mentioned somewhere on this thread)

it's called fitfiletools.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year everyone!

So Vitality targets / assessments for the year have been reset.....except for the weekly VAR target, shouldn't that also revert to 100 points again?

It's only a handful of races eg Argus so you definitely won't be making any form of profit. As this is a benefit via Vitality which is a completely different company it has nothing to do with scheme rates. Plus Medical Scheme contributions are used for claims paying except for a percentage that goes to the administrator which in this case is Discovery Health Administrators.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Looks like you can't do the no smoking declaration online anymore - now part of the health assessment. Also I seem to remember some smaller questionnaires in addition to the vitality age one that seem now to have gone the way of the dodo.

Also done the online assessments

Which ones did you do? I can't find any other than the Vitality age on for 2500pts?

That's all I can find too - previous years there was an emotional wellness one and a stress one and something else - and you could also sign the non smoker declaration online.

Seems they heading further away from self report assessment and more towards objective measurement. 

Which ones did you do? I can't find any other than the Vitality age on for 2500pts?

Anyone joining the vitally cycling club do the still pay your CSA for the year

Anyone joining the vitally cycling club do the still pay your CSA for the year

CSA Membership is NOT included for 2017.

Cancelling my 2017 Vitality membership.

Paying for a lot of "nice to have's" that i'm not really using all the possible benefits of.