Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I did not get one automatic payment last year, I had to follow up on every race claim and each time got told the same: "we are having system issues, etc" but then payment was received within a few days (except for my current query). I started to get the feeling that they hang onto the cash till you ask, then quickly process it. If you don't ask, you don't get paid.

I got paid twice:

* March was for the 2 races I did in Jan and Feb;

* May I got 50% of my only April race paid back;

Only October and November due now as I didn't race in other events that qualified.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not been paid my Vitality drive rewards for December either, and up till now, they have paid every month for the last year on time (between 11 and 15th of month).

So maybe they have genuine issues this time around.

Every now and again Discovery slip me 80 points which I cannot trace nor have any idea why, they did this again over the weekend....

Anyone else get this? and why?

Every now and again Discovery slip me 80 points which I cannot trace nor have any idea why, they did this again over the weekend....

Healthy food purchases?

Just had a call from Team Vitality, after querying the cash back payments process and why it hasn't been paid.

Seems they have a problem (surprised?) with the API, the timing company and their partner operations (whoever that may be). Maybe someone with a bit of tech knowledge can explain in more detail what it means - all I know is that it's not working.

I then asked if it's only a few members, or if it's everyone - the answer was "everyone".

May a quick reply from TV members (on this thread) if you've received cash back for any October/November/December race, i.e. Amashova, 947, CCMNC, etc., will reveal if it is everyone, or a select few.

They say the problem will be problem will be resolved by month-end, and payments in February.

I then asked if any general notification had been sent out - the answer was "not yet". No need to remind them that advising their members that cash back has not happened, may result in less queries on their side - unless they happy to receive a ton of calls every day.

This is exactly what i said a few posts ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Healthy food purchases?

I'd love to work out how they calculate that healthy food points. Actually, no I wouldn't.

I got 1,000 points once although my healthy food ratio was only about 35%. Some months later I expected 1,000 again as my health/junk ratio was 68%. But I got 840 points. All irrelevant but I do like the monthly cash back. That means something, points don't.

Regarding the fitness assessments:

I asked the Vitality helpline to point me to the providers that are registered with them to do the High Performance Fitness Assessment. They told me that they don't know, I need to phone the Bio's directly and ask them. What's the point of "registering" on the system if the system can't even give the list of registered people.

Anyway, so mailed a bunch of Biokineticists and got some feedback. Basically Vitality informed all the Bio's on their system that all fitness assessments will henceforth be done on Wattbikes and that they need to complete a training course on the new assessment before they can do it themselves.

So if you are planning to do a fitness assessment, be it the normal one or the High Performance, your best bet is to contact someone doing it at a Virgin Active where you know they have the Wattbikes.

Edited by Rookie85

Before I wade through the red tape and contact Disco - the health assessement tests - according to their website

The Vitality Health Check costs R180.

Members of most medical schemes administered by Discovery are covered for one Vitality Health Check a year from your Screening and Prevention Benefit – it won’t impact your day-to-day benefits (If you are in a general waiting period, Discovery Health does not cover this).

I have a classic savers package - and they've taken R389 odd from my MSA for this. I did the tests at a Dischem. Anybody?

Before I wade through the red tape and contact Disco - the health assessement tests - according to their website

I have a classic savers package - and they've taken R389 odd from my MSA for this. I did the tests at a Dischem. Anybody?

No. It is screening and should be an expense they cover. Not you through your MSA. I have coastal core with no savings. They pay in full.

No. It is screening and should be an expense they cover. Not you through your MSA. I have coastal core with no savings. They pay in full.

Yeah thanks, that was my understanding too. I'll take it up with them tomorrow and see what they say.

Depends on the HIV test they run as far as I know. If they do the one with the immediate results instead of sending it off to the path lab, there's an additional cost involved.

At least that's how I remember it.

Not yet, I've joined Team Vitality, what else needs to be done?

Cycling Team Vitality or the Running Team Vitality - or both?

If you've joined the running, then you're sorted - only have to activate it from the phone app. No additional cost. Buy shoes, get up to 25% back initially and then the remaining 75% (max R2000) paid back over 12 months.

If you've only joined the cycling, then you have to pay R300 to activate it (and get a running membership with it).

Not activated the booster yet, will do at the end of the month as have already spent my allotted cash allocation at SW this month, so will be getting new running shoes in Feb