Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Sure it's been asked and answered here before, but search didn't find it for me....

New to the vitality game, can the SWH discounts be used on anything in store?

So with the yellow sale on now, can you get further off? 

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/expert-advice/article/yellow-ticket-sale-june-now-on/e300cf694f65598fc71ea300cc574848bc6b34fb/

From what the lady at the till told my wife on Saturday, yes. So you could use the Nike discount on some running shoes already on discount, which I wish I had known 5 minutes earlier

'So with the yellow sale on now, can you get further off'....

Yes. You get the 'sports equipment' discount & then a further discount if you use discovery miles to pay. I did it last year. From memory I paid in R 50 for a pair of trail shoes

2 hours ago, Adriandup said:

'So with the yellow sale on now, can you get further off'....

Yes. You get the 'sports equipment' discount & then a further discount if you use discovery miles to pay. I did it last year. From memory I paid in R 50 for a pair of trail shoes

Double discount on the 15th of the month, if paying with miles (up to 40% discount, after the upfront discount).

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if it's possible to now use Wahoo Elemnt Bolt with Vitality? (Automatically and not the manual way with fitfiletools)

Edited by StokedAboutSpokes

2 minutes ago, StokedAboutSpokes said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to now use Wahoo Elemnt Bolt with Vitality? (Automatically and not the manual way with fitfiletools)

There was an anouncement years ago by Wahoo SA that they are working with vitality and it should be working soon. This was in 2019 I think, and radio silence since. I would not hold my breath. Got a cheap Garmin watch just for vitality, eventually replaced Wahoo with Garmin when it died. 

3 minutes ago, Gr3mlin131 said:

There was an anouncement years ago by Wahoo SA that they are working with vitality and it should be working soon. This was in 2019 I think, and radio silence since. I would not hold my breath. Got a cheap Garmin watch just for vitality, eventually replaced Wahoo with Garmin when it died. 

I found an article to link Wahoo with Apple Health or Google Fit. 

I'm on Apple Health but it seems to only sync step data to Vitality. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/help-fitness-devices

How do I link my Wahoo app to Vitality?
To link Wahoo and Vitality, you will first need to download the Wahoo app that is compatible with your device, either:

• Wahoo Fitness
  • Wahoo ELEMNT

Once you have downloaded the correct app, make sure that you sign up for a Wahoo Cloud account. Then follow these steps to link your Wahoo app to Vitality:

• Step 1: Ensure that you have the correct Wahoo app installed on your phone.
  • Step 2: Also, please ensure that you have the following installed for these respective operating systems:
  • iOS - the Health App
  • Android - the Google Fit app.

Ensure the Health App or Google Fit app is linked to Vitality.

• Step 3: Link your Wahoo app to the Health app or Google Fit app.
  • Step 4: Give Vitality permission to read your fitness data.

Important to note

• Remember, you must first sign up for a Wahoo Cloud account through the Wahoo app or Wahoo ELEMNT app for automatic syncing and sharing to occur across Apple Health or Google Fit. Without Wahoo Cloud account the apps will not work properly.
  • If you have already linked your Google Fit account to Vitality for other purposes, you will need to delink it from Vitality. Once your Google Fit account has been linked to Wahoo, relink it to Vitality.
  • If you link or delink your Wahoo device from Apple Health or Google Fit; Vitality will not receive this information. To ensure that you have linked your device, check that:
  • For iOS, your Wahoo device is linked to Apple Health and that Apple Health is linked to Vitality.
  • For Android, your Wahoo device is linked to Google Fit.

Once you have followed these steps, you will be able to earn Vitality Fitness points using your Wahoo Fitness device.

If you need more information, please use the links below for the:

For additional support, please visit Wahoo support

Hi. Looking for some advice please. 

So my eldest turned 18yrs and was kicked of my family Vitality program. He enjoyed the benefit for the discounted gym membership with Virgin active and movies. 
Anyone have tips on what will be the easiest and most cost effective way to get him back onto Vitality for the 2 benefits above .

I don't have Medical aid with Discovery but only a Life assurance intergrater policy.

TIA

• 3 weeks later...

Vitality query on activities

Run up a mountain for 53 minutes

Cycle 4 hours on tar

Cycle 5 hours on gravel.

First one is 300 points, next two 100 each. Obviously much higher average hr on the run, but ride it says (speed data only). Is this just the way it is weighted or am I missing something?

15 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Vitality query on activities

Run up a mountain for 53 minutes

Cycle 4 hours on tar

Cycle 5 hours on gravel.

First one is 300 points, next two 100 each. Obviously much higher average hr on the run, but ride it says (speed data only). Is this just the way it is weighted or am I missing something?

Seems like they are missing your HR data

53 minutes ago, fanievb said:

Seems like they are missing your HR data

suunto device with wrist HR. goes through to suunto app via phone, syncs to strava and disco pulls it from there. HR data is there on the strava. and obviously works on the running.

16 hours ago, Frosty said:

One day or different days?

consecutive days

should I be getting steps/walking too? sh$%% i never wanted to be this guy following this stuff!!

image.png.ac7e2233b36099ea65ccf82ff92f94cf.png

38 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

suunto device with wrist HR. goes through to suunto app via phone, syncs to strava and disco pulls it from there. HR data is there on the strava. and obviously works on the running.

consecutive days

should I be getting steps/walking too? sh$%% i never wanted to be this guy following this stuff!!

image.png.ac7e2233b36099ea65ccf82ff92f94cf.png

So what was your HR for the 2 cycle sessions?