Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Point taken, maybe I'm a bit paranoid now. I have no problem with paying the R137/m to Planet Fitness and am not too worried if they stop the refund. I am just not prepared to pay the R500 odd for a monthly membership. I am just feeling weird about signing contracts with any of these institutions. Will see what I decide

The gym policy is very straightforward, and has only recently been changed again. Essentially you get 75% off the ticket price for a single gym membership, and depending on your weekly goals, that is increased to 100% as long as you go more than 36 times in a rolling year. 

If it's changed to a different system entirely, they'll do like they did for the original gym membership and keep it running for existing members, but close it for new joiners. 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like those that thought they would be getting a free watch while "working" the system are very unhappy. I'm yet to encounter someone that actually exercises that cannot meet their weekly goal.  

^^^^^^^ This is VERY TRUE ^^^^^

There are some flaws, I've found that sometimes I get allocated 100 points instead of 300 points but at this stage it doesn't bug me because I go over the target.

^^^^^^^ This is VERY TRUE ^^^^^

There are some flaws, I've found that sometimes I get allocated 100 points instead of 300 points but at this stage it doesn't bug me because I go over the target.

Your target most likely being set at 500 or 600 right now.......what about when it gets to 1200......

92 members, we will have civil unrest soon. Hope they dont have to call the army.  

You just don't like the guy......admit it......seems to me something like that can really spiral out of control for Discovery.......92 members today.......could be a hell of a lot more than that by the end of the year.....I will be at his place later for beers......you should pop in.....make s stance in the flesh like a man  :thumbup:

You just don't like the guy......admit it......seems to me something like that can really spiral out of control for Discovery.......92 members today.......could be a hell of a lot more than that by the end of the year.....I will be at his place later for beers......you should pop in.....make s stance in the flesh like a man  :thumbup:

I have nothing against Discovery, not sure what you are on about 

Your target most likely being set at 500 or 600 right now.......what about when it gets to 1200......

I'll deal with that when I get there.

No point in worrying about something that might never happen.

Like Myles said earlier / yesterday they'll probably change the system again come July.

If my target was 1200 this week I would still have achieved it.

In principle should everyone qualify for freebies every week or should some effort be required?

Four sessions of >30 minutes at >80% of age based MHR?

Or One session of >90 minutes at >80% of age based MHR and Two sessions of >30 minutes at >80% of age based MHR?

Targets are easier to achieved now than they were in 2015 when max was 150 points with a bonus of 50 if HR above an unknown mysterious percentage.

I'll deal with that when I get there.

No point in worrying about something that might never happen.

Like Myles said earlier / yesterday they'll probably change the system again come July.

If my target was 1200 this week I would still have achieved it.

WE didn't expect the current scenario to play itself out either.........it could happen as soon as in the next 3 months......winter time and all........interesting days ahead I say.......

In principle should everyone qualify for freebies every week or should some effort be required?

Or One session of >90 minutes at >80% of age based MHR and Two sessions of >30 minutes at >80% of age based MHR?

Targets are easier to achieved now than they were in 2015 when max was 150 points with a bonus of 50 if HR above an unknown mysterious percentage.

I wouldn't know.......I talk rubbish......

Think you've nailed it.........some effort required albeit not much

I am finding it quite hard to achieve.  I need to exercise 5 times a week at the moment (will go up to 6 next week).  Unless I can do a mountain bike ride where the hills make my heart rate go up nicely, I can't get over the 80%. 

I am finding it quite hard to achieve.  I need to exercise 5 times a week at the moment (will go up to 6 next week).  Unless I can do a mountain bike ride where the hills make my heart rate go up nicely, I can't get over the 80%. 

You've nailed it......some effort needed......albeit a lot more for some.......

Or go for 90+ mins at 70% for 300 points