Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

S Health integration with Fitbit, Jawbone, Strava and others goes live:

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/07/04/s-health-integration-with-fitbit-jawbone-strava-and-others-goes-live/

I am not sure if this makes a difference to Disco or Vitality, but its still an interesting development.

Hmmmm... Interesting. Seeing as S Health is fully integrated in VAR, it may pave the way for re-using Strava... 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm... Interesting. Seeing as S Health is fully integrated in VAR, it may pave the way for re-using Strava... 

Shock horror Myles, you advocating that people can get a work around for VAR going from strava to S health to Discovery???  :whistling:  :ph34r:  ;)

Shock horror Myles, you advocating that people can get a work around for VAR going from strava to S health to Discovery???  :whistling:  :ph34r:  ;)

LOL. If it satisfies the requirements, then yeah. Also, Disco was (apparently) trying to reintegrate with Strava. Was only the reliability of data that made them boot the big S. 

So - if this sorts out the reliability / verifiability side of things, then why not. 

Remember - I've never said don't use the workarounds if you've done the actual work. I just have an issue with the okes who did the manual uploads with dodgy data

AFAIK it's based on a rolling 12 week history. So on average if you hit them, it will go up. I'd imagine (speculating here) that your instances of missing need to make up more than 50% of our targets in the past 12 weeks in order for the target to drop. 

IE: you need to have missed 7 of the past 12 targets in order for the target to drop. 

I read what you are saying but I am curious about it, cause like I said the two members missed their goals 3 weeks in a row and did not change. This is direct quote from the email the discovery rep send me:

"When members miss goals, the weekly goal will start to drop – to nudge them to get active. And when members achieve their goals, their goals will start to increase – to motivate them to get fitter."

Reading this, I just wanted to poke and find out if any has actually seen their goal drop?

I read what you are saying but I am curious about it, cause like I said the two members missed their goals 3 weeks in a row and did not change. This is direct quote from the email the discovery rep send me:

"When members miss goals, the weekly goal will start to drop – to nudge them to get active. And when members achieve their goals, their goals will start to increase – to motivate them to get fitter."

Reading this, I just wanted to poke and find out if any has actually seen their goal drop?

I don't think anyone here has missed more than 3 targets in total, tbh. 

Not entirely true, i have just missed 5 weeks in a row (been travelling around Europe for work), not that I havent been exercising, just not recording it. The first four weeks no change and I'll find out tomorrow what happens with teh fifth.

Not entirely true, i have just missed 5 weeks in a row (been travelling around Europe for work), not that I havent been exercising, just not recording it. The first four weeks no change and I'll find out tomorrow what happens with teh fifth.

Cool. I'd personally expect to see a dip when you hit 7 weeks history of not hitting it, as then you'd have breached the 50% mark. Remember you'll only see it the fooollowing week, as they don't know what your goal history is like until the Tuesday following. 

Wife not hitting her target, kids now demanding to have MY free smoothies :cursing:

Imagine the headlines..."Vitality rewards could break up your marriage". 

Edited by Tumbleweed

Off to ride the Jock this weekend, hoping will be able to get my 1200 points in one go  ;)

And then have an easy week for a change.....

First time my FridayCoffeeRide has been below the 70% threshold.

Lucky it was in the gym, on a watt bike... active recovery ride proper.

My morning commutes to the office have been purposefully below 75%... Otherwise I may end up needing another shower before I change. Avg 130-140 or so... 

Off to ride the Jock this weekend, hoping will be able to get my 1200 points in one go ;)

And then have an easy week for a change.....

with Discovery's lack of interest in allowing a recovery week, I do just that. Plan a 1500 point ride for the Saturday and then do active recovery and rest through the next 10 days before hitting the intervals again on Tue, Wed and Fri to get at least 300+300+300.

Makes it a bit harder now that the target is 1000+, but still achievable - as 600+600 or 300+600+300.