Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

10 Repeats of the Wolwespruit hill today, 55km, 1200m, 3h45m, 79.08% Discomax. I kraai!

Edit: Not that it matters 'cos it won't EFFING sync.

Edited by bertusras

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They said a while back it's all 50% now for all races on the calendar, so:

Amashova - R370 * 50% = R185

CCMNC - R300 * 50% = R150

947 - R430 * 50% = R215

You'll spend R1100 on entries + R600 on Team Vitality. You get back R550, so will end up costing you R50 over and above the R1100 entry fees.

That means the shirt costs you R50, as the rest is not worth it.

Plus CSA membership = R130 I think

Plus Dischem ride for Sight @100% = R310

Think it was worth it for me.

My previous club membership @ R600 . Get nothing back.

Plus CSA membership = R130 I think

Plus Dischem ride for Sight @100% = R310

Think it was worth it for me.

My previous club membership @ R600 . Get nothing back.

The cash back in this case is for someone joining now and only doing three events. But as you say, cash back from other races = plenty moola back for R600 "investment". Edited by geraldm24

Farkit bro. That's not acceptable

Ja well discovery pretend its a new issue every time i phone... Very caring and concerned, always promises to phone me back but never do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cash back in this case is for someone joining now and only doing three events. But as you say, cash back from other races = plenty tools back for R600 "investment".

i've signed up, even though quite late. I think R50 for what I would imagine is a "good" quality top is a no brainer.

Couldn't have been pushing that hard...

I ride uphill, I don't push #notenduro :P

No but in all seriousness, I wasn't riding hard, tried to not exceed my LTHR as far as possible, was still feeling fresh after 1000m in the legs, but it's hugely frustrating that 0.92% is the difference between 300 points and 3000 points. At least with the new system that will be 600.

I ride uphill, I don't push #notenduro :P

No but in all seriousness, I wasn't riding hard, tried to not exceed my LTHR as far as possible, was still feeling fresh after 1000m in the legs, but it's hugely frustrating that 0.92% is the difference between 300 points and 3000 points. At least with the new system that will be 600.

Lol. #notdh you mean. Enduro is ride up and down...

But I know what you mean. Yesterday's easy ride got me 148 avg. 2 short of 3000 points.

But if I crop my ride to exclude the first bit of the ride, I get to 80% over 210 minutes. And 3000 points. This really is so dumb.

Cropping the ride or Discovery's points allocation?

*rhetorical question, in a sarcastic font*

Got all the points this week, even with the rain. 

Even got my smoothie for good driving this week, strange because it also gave my wifey one and she has not driven this week!

I never received my top this year. I don't get much in way of cash back either so I think this is the last year I'll do the Team vitality option.

I'm glad they sorted out the points system it will work much better for my training. I always assumed they would adopt a system which suits a bigger range of people so I'm glad I kept faith in them and signed up for the almost free watch.

I never received my top this year. I don't get much in way of cash back either so I think this is the last year I'll do the Team vitality option.

I'm glad they sorted out the points system it will work much better for my training. I always assumed they would adopt a system which suits a bigger range of people so I'm glad I kept faith in them and signed up for the almost free watch.

It was never a "free" watch but rather a cost of R6000, financed at 0% interest for 24 months.

If one meets the VAR targets, they will subsidise the payments accordingly, otherwise debit the amount for the month.

This is "the glass is half full" look at it... [emoji848]

It was never a "free" watch but rather a cost of R6000, financed at 0% interest for 24 months.

If one meets the VAR targets, they will subsidise the payments accordingly, otherwise debit the amount for the month.

This is "the glass is half full" look at it... [emoji848]

I agree but so far I have not paid a cent despite missing two goals (not sure how I got away with that). Twice they have changed the system so it wasn't as easy for me. I have kept my fingers crossed they would fix it and so far I'm glad I had my glass half full.