Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

2 hours ago, HdB said:

Aren't the vouchers limited to one per transaction?

As many as you want. See attached image. And then I used my miles with the double discount thing.

The limit is on how many vouchers you can purchase per day with your miles. But no need to buy the R100 vouchers when you can just use the miles at checkout and get the increased discount that way too.

So Vitality still worth it for me.

20211201_093311.jpg

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I’ve paid before with two voucher codes (online), but I see the T&Cs show one. Will check if I can add it to a gift card like Cape Union Mart.

Not sure about in store, but online there's no option to pay for a gift card using wicode vouchers. I checked on Sunday.

On 11/15/2021 at 9:55 AM, Frosty said:

+ Double Miles discount day today

+ WAHOO15 coupon code for 15% off and Wahoo trainer at SWH (available until today only).

+ upfront 25% discount 

= zero cash outlay on a Kickr Core.

Where/how did you get the WAHOO15 coupon?

Hmm, I have no need for a new device... but I would like to get my dad a Fitbit Charge 5, since the ECG function is available now. If these vouchers can help, on top of the other Active Gear stuff, bonus!

12 minutes ago, HdB said:

Hmm, I have no need for a new device... but I would like to get my dad a Fitbit Charge 5, since the ECG function is available now. If these vouchers can help, on top of the other Active Gear stuff, bonus!

Exactly. My wife also had no need for a new device, so my sister got lucky with some nice savings on her new device :)

1 hour ago, ridr said:

Not sure about in store, but online there's no option to pay for a gift card using wicode vouchers. I checked on Sunday.

I bought my Kickr Core online using two discount codes, and miles. Didn’t pay a cent in hard cash.

On 11/30/2021 at 5:54 PM, Kevin Simon said:

I as well contacted them about it on Friday. Got a response today saying they are aware of it, they working on it, and it should be resolved by the 2nd of December. So we will see.

Steam vouches still not working for me. 

Hi guys. Is there any issues wrt joining 2 cycling clubs? I want to join Vitality just mainly for the cash back on race events. And then obviously join another club for group rides etc. 

Is there anyone on Vitality/Vitality Active without the Bank, Drive,, Insurance, etc.?

I've had a look at the options again, but it seems that you really have to sell your soul to Disco to make it worth it, or am I missing something?

On 12/7/2021 at 11:50 AM, Bub Marley said:

Hi guys. Is there any issues wrt joining 2 cycling clubs? I want to join Vitality just mainly for the cash back on race events. And then obviously join another club for group rides etc. 

I've been a member of Vitality and my long term (real) club, and have claim cash back when races were still happening.
With the 50% discount for 2022, I might join again, just to get the cash back from a few races.

44 minutes ago, Fisan said:

Is there anyone on Vitality/Vitality Active without the Bank, Drive,, Insurance, etc.?

I've had a look at the options again, but it seems that you really have to sell your soul to Disco to make it worth it, or am I missing something?

All of these rewards packages are moving goal posts ....

Vitality started out to promote a healthy life style ....

Vitality have long since become a carrot on a stick to promote the ever growing set of services the Discovery group offers.

Exactly the same with FNB ebucks.

Pretty sure others follow a similar pattern.

It is simply the nature of the beast.

Why not just make use of your HR device? Time/Distance is only applicable if you don't have HR data. I only use my HR watch for Discovery on the trainer.

16 hours ago, Fisan said:

I am on Vitality with only the banking suite, only joined the banking last month.
So a bit early to really comment more but the rewards have already increased over just having the Vitality.
I have looked into joining the medical aid and their short term insurance but the benefits of doing so are still still less than the saving I have over my current providers.

On 12/9/2021 at 3:59 PM, Fisan said:

I only have the life insurance, with vitality linked to that...and then a Discovery Bank credit card. With all purchases made using the credit card, I get more than R1000 worth of discovery miles per month, plus a bunch of other discounts.

1 hour ago, Christofison said:

I only have the life insurance, with vitality linked to that...and then a Discovery Bank credit card. With all purchases made using the credit card, I get more than R1000 worth of discovery miles per month, plus a bunch of other discounts.

Haha well that's just it. Only this...and that... and that...

I currently have a home loan with Bank X. I won't switch banks, so I'll have to open a secondary account. Sure, I can get the cheapest of the credit card options - but their rewards are all tiered as well - more rewards with more expensive card, etc.

5 minutes ago, Fisan said:

Haha well that's just it. Only this...and that... and that...

I currently have a home loan with Bank X. I won't switch banks, so I'll have to open a secondary account. Sure, I can get the cheapest of the credit card options - but their rewards are all tiered as well - more rewards with more expensive card, etc.

I have a home loan with Standard Bank and their R4.95c bank account. You don't need to open a cheque account with Discovery to get the credit card. You can get it on it's own.

Edited by Christofison