Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I have a brand new never used men's Team Vitality running shirt to swop. It is an XL and to big for me.  If you have a Large it would be nice otherwise anything cycling related I can use. 

Thanks

(Ps. I'm in PTA)

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All, so I have met all the requirements to take advantage of the Vitality active rewards and am looking at a new watch. Nothing flashy, a Vivoactive 4.
So if I understand the process correctly I activate the voucher.
I then get R4000 towards a device (the watch) and then R2000 to spent of Nike gear, if I so wish. Whatever allotment of that R6000 is not spent falls away.
I have 60% upfront discount so that is then R2400 discount, balance to be paid by me.
Same will go for the gear if I choose to take it?
Am I understanding it correctly?

22 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Hi All, so I have met all the requirements to take advantage of the Vitality active rewards and am looking at a new watch. Nothing flashy, a Vivoactive 4.
I then get R4000 towards a device (the watch) and then R2000 to spent of Nike gear, if I so wish. Whatever allotment of that R6000 is not spent falls away.
I have 60% upfront discount so that is then R2400 discount, balance to be paid by me.

That is correct. You will get 60% off of your qualifying R4000 spend, leaving you with a balance of R1600 + the amount of the watch over and above R4000. Which would then be a grand total of R3099 for the vivoactive 4 from Sportsmans

1 hour ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

As far as I know, Gear is up to 25% at your selected stores, i.e. Sportsman’s Warehouse or Totalsports. It’s then 25% of the R2000 per member per month, so R500.

I used that on my Kickr Core purchase, and was only R500. The 60% doesn’t apply to Gear purchases, and only Device purchases.

10 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

You can't do the watch and the Nike gear at the same time. You'll redeem your voucher for the 60% off the first R4000 of the watch now, then work for almost 6 months to get back up to 60% off the Nike gear.

Thanks for the help, I suppose the part that confuses me is that is appears you could get a device and some gear. It seems from all the replies this is not the case, it is either/or, then wait 12 months for the next opportunity to buy.
See screenshot, the lower options has the first 2 blocks showing a device + gear/shoes.

image.png.9d0a076f1758bca77544daa81cb736e2.png

Edit: BikeHub doesn’t allow me to paste the hyperlink.
contentdelivery:binary

Page6:
Example 2…
After selecting his fitness devices reward on 5 July 2021 and redeeming it on 25 July 2021, John builds up again to 21 exercise goals, this has been counted from the time John selected the last reward on
5 July 2021. Then on 30 November 2021, he selects a Nike footwear reward. The percentage he qualifies for is based on his completed Vitality health assessments and Vitality Money boost still remain as 25%
 each. John, therefore, has an upfront discount reward of 70% as he did not achieve 25 exercise goals since his last selection (and redemption) of a Vitality Active Gear reward.
His exercise goals once again reset to 0.
John forgets to redeem the reward within 30 days and it expires.
John’s exercise goals percentage now looks back either 52 weeks, or until the last time he selected and redeemed a reward through the Vitality Active Gear benefit (whichever is more recent), or from 1 January 2021. In this case that was on 5 July 2021.
In the 30 days while John had his reward, he achieved an extra four exercise goals, totalling 25 exercise goals since 5 July 2021. This was the last time he selected a fitness device through the Vitality Active Gear benefit which was subsequently redeemed. The qualifying percentage based on his weekly Vitality Active Rewards exercise goals is now on 25%.
John selects the Vitality Active Gear Nike performance footwear reward again. This time he gets the full
 75% upfront discount to use on his Nike performance footwear.

Edited by Frosty

Go to the App
Vitality
Vitality Active Gear
Click on Devices (top)
scroll down to bottom (Help)
Select “Get help with Vitality Active Gear”
Scroll until you see the benefit guide in blue and open that document.
image.png.58e25997012f8421124c8db5dd7c1852.png

it will show the document in my post above and explain the rules. Example 2 is on page 6.

Thanks for this - just a quick question if you don't mind. Can I get a device for my wife (also member on our family plan) if I already have the Apple Watch?

10 minutes ago, Rob K said:

Thanks for this - just a quick question if you don't mind. Can I get a device for my wife (also member on our family plan) if I already have the Apple Watch?

Yes, there's no mention in either reward programs that states otherwise.

16 hours ago, Rob K said:

16 hours ago, Frosty said:

Yes, there's no mention in either reward programs that states otherwise.

Only one at a time I believe...

image.png.2d044cf1be4dda914e48564d0d5f8079.png

3 minutes ago, Christofison said:

Only one at a time I believe...

image.png.2d044cf1be4dda914e48564d0d5f8079.png

Please post the full terms and conditions, or post a link to it.

1 hour ago, Christofison said:

I don't see any reference to the Device Booster in those T&Cs.

I think you are referring to more than one person getting the Apple Watch at the same time, not the original query on Apple Watch and Device Booster/Benefit

Here's the clause you posted:

Only the main member OR spouse member OR adult dependant (21 years or older) on a Vitality Health policy with a qualifying Discovery Bank credit card, whether as a primary accountholder or as a secondary cardholder, will qualify for the Vitality Active Rewards with Apple Watch benefit.  • You can activate one Vitality Active Rewards with Apple Watch benefit per Vitality Health policy in a 24-month billing period.

Sorry 🤦‍♂️ I didn't read the question carefully and didn't realise it was still linked to the previous queries. I assumed the 'device' in question was a second Apple Watch.

You can absolutely boost a fitness watch while the Apple Watch benefit is active. They're separate benefits.