Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has probably been discussed but I can't find any definitive answer on here or the Discovery website..

I know that the points change for 2016 on the vitality side and it looks a lot better. I want to know if that point structure is going to be the same for the rewards.. Like most of you I need to get 1200 points. That meens 6 days training at the moment. But I understand that if you do a 50+km ride you can get 1500 points.. Is this going to count toward you active rewards and is the max points still going to stay 1200 per week from Jan 2016?

Sorry, I'm picking up stompies here (as I don't really want to sift through 70 pages of posts), but how does a 50km+ ride earn you 1500 points???

we now have two threads on vitality - both are growing so merging will only add (more) confusion.

one of them should be closed - which ones do you guys want left open and which one closed ?

we now have two threads on vitality - both are growing so merging will only add (more) confusion.

one of them should be closed - which ones do you guys want left open and which one closed ?

Mods can close the thread on Vitality Guide for dummies

One should be for general Vitality comments and this one for events that attracts a discount. Problem is forum members just pick the first thread they find and comment there.

Alright. So don't get this footpod... It doesn't measure distance - only steps. It's target market is actually basketball players.

I'll refund and order the addidas instead...

Is there not perhaps a setting on the phone app? as my footpod measures distance of stride and then overall distance which is pretty similar to what the onscreen treadmill tells me.

I have the addidas Ant+ connected to my Garmin 910XT

So I played a round of golf this morning... 85bpm (ave HR), 125bpm (maxHR), 14km in 4:30. Will be interested to see the points gained for this excuse for getting out of bed.

It's no wonder the pro's have a dikwiel around their waists.

the dikwiel comes from visiting the 19th

Is there not perhaps a setting on the phone app? as my footpod measures distance of stride and then overall distance which is pretty similar to what the onscreen treadmill tells me.

I have the addidas Ant+ connected to my Garmin 910XT

I have tried all angles. I have confirmed this on their website and by testing with both the "native/product" app , as well as with strava. There is no calibration / correlation with gps to measure stride length @pace - it only give steps/minute.

Its a pedometer with a 'footpod' lable on the box

Appologies if this has all been covered a 1000 times befor, but I cannot find it.....maybe too much Sav Blanc!!

My Cycling club has pushed there 2016 fees up substantially, so I was looking at the advantages of Team Vitality. I have been a Vitality Diamond member for 4 years.

The question I have is what races do they offer the rebates on? The website at the moment only showes one! for 2015.(plenty running!!)

I do Ride for Sight; Argus and sometimes 94,7 the rest of the time MTB and preferably multi day events.

Will my wife and I cover the R600.00  membership from rebates or not?

Was hoping for a 2016 event list!!

they are sometimes delayed, so just keep going and they will come through.

I somehow ended up with 300 points yesterday from a 21km cycle,...

then 150 this morning from gym so this weeks 1000 is looking easy.

Did a ride yesterday and Strava only properly sync'd with Discovery this morning so I can confirm that there's a definite delay...

For those looking for the guide... I know some of you have PM'd me, but I thought I'd let the rest or you know I suffered a motherboard failure last week and as such am having a bit of difficulty finalising it. I've got a previously saved version, but it's not complete.

Will send to any interested for a small fee of your choosing. Beer / whisky / cash / whatever...

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Did a ride yesterday and Strava only properly sync'd with Discovery this morning so I can confirm that there's a definite delay...

its been totally screwed this week...

I did a run on Monday morning and a ride Morning evening, all logged through Strava and both still does not show. but rides from Sunday and Tuesday have come through...