Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Anyone else struggling with uploading / updating a  Strava activity onto Vitality?

Did a ride today and my last workout shows 02 January.

Off topic: was "exploring" Langebaan on a rented fat bike from John at Cycle Works - what a top bloke! I was just riding the fatty, enjoying life and forgot about all the negative stuff :thumbup:

I struggle with the strava update as well. . .have had to disconnect my strava account from vitality and rejoin to get it to sync my activities. But now still not syncing, some issues.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/07/6ad4a5b8aa2fdd59ed4fa2bb3852fc4d.jpg

Is this normal when you have over 2000 points showing under "get active"? For the past week starting on Saturday

FYI: I've not used the Apple Watch I signed up for, but the Strava app, and two Garmin devices, as well as a Parkrun to get the points.

Edit: photo

My wife having similar issue, her garmin logged 300 points this week but her status still shows target not achieved

I struggle with the strava update as well. . .have had to disconnect my strava account from vitality and rejoin to get it to sync my activities. But now still not syncing, some issues.

I had the same issue with all my phone apps and discovery, since around new years.

I found that by simply restarting my phone, everything suddenly syncs. Simple solution for the meantime.

Also just got a very nice sms, R1000 cash back was just paid into my account from my healthygear card :) Healthy Gear at sportsmans warehouse rocks!!!!

My points have climbed to 4000 achieved without even trying...since the new structure kicked in [emoji3]

I only need to achieve 600 to reach my goal per week.

Edited by isetech

1 question on Team Vitality Cycling, regarding the Garmin voucher,  how does it work and what items can it be used for?  

Can I  get a Forerunner watch as I already have an Edge510?  

1 question on Team Vitality Cycling, regarding the Garmin voucher,  how does it work and what items can it be used for?  

Can I  get a Forerunner watch as I already have an Edge510?  

Voucher is pretty useless, very limited range on what you can get using it, especially if you already have other garmin products

Voucher gives you 15% off whatever is on the webpage http://www.garminonline.co.za/team-vitality-cycling

Similar with the beats, R500 off a set of R2500 headphones http://www.myistore.co.za/accessories/beats

The only voucher I might consider is the Rudy projects one.

For me am basically getting the shirt, my CSA licence and whatever I can get back on races entered.

Edited by shaper

Taking the Edge 520 as an example:

Team Vitality: R7399 - R1109 = R6290

Autostyle:  R5350

easyBike: R6499 discounted to R5349

The Edge 1000 looks just stupidly overpriced for team Vitality at R11899 vs R8995 and R8999

And I have to pay for membership to be ripped off?

I'd much rather join a real cycling club with marshals and sweeper vehicles and a sense of cameradie on regular weekly rides! Even more so for the running club!

Taking the Edge 520 as an example:

Team Vitality: R7399 - R1109 = R6290

Autostyle:  R5350

easyBike: R6499 discounted to R5349

The Edge 1000 looks just stupidly overpriced for team Vitality at R11899 vs R8995 and R8999

And I have to pay for membership to be ripped off?

I'd much rather join a real cycling club with marshals and sweeper vehicles and a sense of cameradie on regular weekly rides! Even more so for the running club!

Do you not get 15% off at places like sportmans if you have the credit card and healthy thing activated?

Do you not get 15% off at places like sportmans if you have the credit card and healthy thing activated?

My reply is aimed directly at the team Vitality benefits.

Healthy gear is a separate benefit, and if you've dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's for to activate the 15% discount on those, at Sportsmans Warehouse the;

Edge 520 will cost R6500 - 15% = R5590 (cheapest other 2 shown above = R5349

Edge 1000 will cost R10500 - 15% = R8925 (cheapest other two = R8995)

One slightly more expensive, and one slightly cheaper than shopping around.

Edited by 'Kaze Pete

Discovery's timeline is filled with complaints about activities not synching, points not reflecting, site is slow.

there suggestions 

1. site is slow because lots of people are trying to access it - new year and all that.

2. make sure you have the latest discovery app installed - they released an update.

3. devices and activities not synching - they're looking into it.

On another point, I've noticed that the Discovery Website and App is really slow- even when using 4G, it's 19voetsek slow...

Has any one else had the same issue? 

I also saw this: http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2016/01/08/Frustrated-Vitality-members-struggle-to-get-service

Seems like working in the Vitality Dept must be fun  :ph34r:

their website was down yesterday. Tried to get some policy & client info off the site and also through the alternative channels, and they just weren't communicating. 

their website was down yesterday. Tried to get some policy & client info off the site and also through the alternative channels, and they just weren't communicating. 

I've found that for a while now, their site has been rather slow (even through out last year)...

I think it's time that they do some upgrades...

My reply is aimed directly at the team Vitality benefits.

Healthy gear is a separate benefit, and if you've dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's for to activate the 15% discount on those, at Sportsmans Warehouse the;

Edge 520 will cost R6500 - 15% = R5590 (cheapest other 2 shown above = R5349

Edge 1000 will cost R10500 - 15% = R8925 (cheapest other two = R8995)

One slightly more expensive, and one slightly cheaper than shopping around.

True. 

Looking at getting the Edge 25 as a running cycling cheapie, heart rate and GPS for R2700 with discovery, seen some smart ways to mount 1/4 turn mounts to wrist.

I've found that for a while now, their site has been rather slow (even through out last year)...

I think it's time that they do some upgrades...

oh **** please no... Every "upgrade" has been a disaster when it comes to navigational efficiency. 

Needs to be far simpler and with more server space / power.