Gauteng Road & TT Champs 2016

Ryinc

Do You know if we able to register on the day? A few days off for cape town and I'm snowed under at work trying to play catch up.

The one in Jan they did not have that option........

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously?

They want me to drive to Jhb to register for this thing?  In this weather with that many dumb drivers on the road??

Bahahahahhahahaha!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHHAH!

Narre

One day I'm also going to get me a crusade ...... ;)

One day I'm also going to get me a crusade ...... ;)

Don't.

It is frustrating to see my sport (road cycling) dying because of a dinosaur attitude of managing it.

It is the 21st century.  You want to grow the sport.

Make it easier for people.  Not harder.

I am pissed because I WANT to race but not willing to jump through 2 gazillion hoops (50 000 is okay) just to do so. 

So they lose my support.

Lets see if I can get my money out of them.  That should be a better crusade.

Don't.

It is frustrating to see my sport (road cycling) dying because of a dinosaur attitude of managing it.

It is the 21st century.  You want to grow the sport.

Make it easier for people.  Not harder.

I am pissed because I WANT to race but not willing to jump through 2 gazillion hoops (50 000 is okay) just to do so. 

So they lose my support.

Lets see if I can get my money out of them.  That should be a better crusade.

CSA must take ownership of the sport.

1) One number on your licence/membership = your permanent event number.

2) One timing chip issued by CSA.  Any company allowed to time providing their equipment can read the chip.

3) No more number collection.  Event organisers can scan entrants into the starting area to check that they have in fact entered.

4) Organisers to feed results back to CSA who can then maintain a seeding ladder.

Bicycle science - not rocket science.

oh this ******* kills me...... The Champs were postponed due to really poor pathetic planning which really screwed up a lot of peoples training and planning, and now I see if you late enter, THEY CHARGE YOU A LATE ENTRY FEE..... oh **** off!!!

2) One timing chip issued by CSA.  Any company allowed to time providing their equipment can read the chip.

3) No more number collection.  Event organisers can scan entrants into the starting area to check that they have in fact entered.

4) Organisers to feed results back to CSA who can then maintain a seeding ladder.

For that service I will pay good $$$ to be a "member"

Sadly CSA is busy appointing more execs to wrong the past instead of finding ways to better the future.

I found a dusty brass lamp in my attic last night.  Rubbed it, and out pops a genie that looks like Robin Williams.

He grants me a single wish. 

Since I travel to CT regularly I ask for a dual carriage highway (Autobahn style) from my house, bypassing Beaufort-West, straight into Stellies.

The genie blushes and said that's a bit much - so since he could not fulfil my wish, I can have another go.

I ask him for a properly functioning CSA. (and ASG events company)

Trembling with fear, he asks me if the Autobahn can have 3 lanes both ways.....

Stupid question this might will be I am sure. but I don't really know many rules etc etc (usually also have a problem following them...hahaha) but does one need a full racing license to race this or is that still just for elites?

Stupid question this might will be I am sure. but I don't really know many rules etc etc (usually also have a problem following them...hahaha) but does one need a full racing license to race this or is that still just for elites?

No full racing license Hayley.

Only "membership"

just collected my number, there will be photo finish, NO timing chip. On Sunday we are doing laps (5x 22km) with a manual time keeping system. Am I the only one that find that bit strange?

( p.s. have you seen the staff cars that are park there, holy crap I am in the  wrong business LMAO)

just collected my number, there will be photo finish, NO timing chip. On Sunday we are doing laps (5x 22km) with a manual time keeping system. Am I the only one that find that bit strange?

( p.s. have you seen the staff cars that are park there, holy crap I am in the wrong business LMAO)

Probably a photo taken with a old Nokia.

Nope not strange at all. That's how they roll unfortunately.

just collected my number, there will be photo finish, NO timing chip. On Sunday we are doing laps (5x 22km) with a manual time keeping system. Am I the only one that find that bit strange?

( p.s. have you seen the staff cars that are park there, holy crap I am in the  wrong business LMAO)

Manual timing if fine.

You only have to catch the top 3.

The rest does not matter.  Provincials and all.

Sadly I won't be going.  Can't pickup the number today or Saturday.

So be it.

I won't support them in future and will advise my club to do the same.

You don't need them anymore for SA's.  So why the fuss and why I am unhappy I don't know.......O wait.  They have R250 of mine which they don't deserve.  $_$)# FFS

well at the TOGH the manual time system was better than what "great timing" were

and we are still waiting for those results to be corrected :(

So how are they advising people when and where to register and collect numbers ? I have seen no notices anywhere.

I entered for the origonal event, so I assume I am still entered for the weekend ???

Where are the offices ?

Archived