Trans Baviaans 2016

Joe Low

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are entered as well for the 2nd event, will Be our first. I believe this event is a logistical nightmare? For those who have done this event a couple of times, you must have this sorted like a well oiled machine, please share some tips, the do's & dont's, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Not bad at all if you have a support driver.  They can meet you at around the 180km mark; and at the end to take you home or to whatever accommodation you booked.

Otherwise it's separating gear into 2 or 3 boxes to cope with changing temperatures, lights and your special food and drink requirements.

Do - train

Don't - forget to train

Entries opened at 8am this morning and our team is in - first to register, last to finish, but we will finish.

That sets up the training schedule for next year, already excited by the possibilities when it's on paper.  Getting the practice to match will make all the difference.

I'm glad you think your team will be last to finish.... rumour has it that your partner is training hard already and plans on being a lean, mean cycling machine come August 2016

I'm glad you think your team will be last to finish.... rumour has it that your partner is training hard already and plans on being a lean, mean cycling machine come August 2016

Still leaves me dunnit?

I would suggest getting an entry first and then look for a partner...

Partner and entry sorted. C u guys and gals at the start.

I currently have an entry to the second event for a three man team for the 2016 event, and would like to swop this entry for an entry for the first event, as one of our team members some how for got that he is getting married on that weekend. please send me a PM if there is a team out there that would be interested in swopping entries with us, thanks

I currently have an entry to the second event for a three man team for the 2016 event, and would like to swop this entry for an entry for the first event, as one of our team members some how for got that he is getting married on that weekend. please send me a PM if there is a team out there that would be interested in swopping entries with us, thanks

That is a relatively large thing to forget!

Not sure I understand the problem........... :oops:

Understandable mistake :huh:

Please record the reaction of the Missus to be and post it when he breaks the news....  :devil:  :whistling:

• 1 month later...