CWC Online - 1x11 XT M8000 Upgrade kit buyers

wonduhboy

Hi All, quick one: can anyone who bought one these upgrade kits from CWCycles online recently, please let me know what they got in the delivery?

This is the one with shifter, cassette, chain and RD.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All, quick one: can anyone who bought one these upgrade kits from CWCycles online recently, please let me know what they got in the delivery?

This is the one with shifter, cassette, chain and RD.

whaddidyouget?

whaddidyouget?

I got everything stated above, but cassette and RD were new in a box.

Shifter and chain - not so much.

Just want to check if this is the standard?

I got everything stated above, but cassette and RD were new in a box.

Shifter and chain - not so much.

Just want to check if this is the standard?

shifter may have been a display item? OEM? OEM bits often come in plastic bags and stuff... 

shifter may have been a display item? OEM? OEM bits often come in plastic bags and stuff... 

I have received bits like that from Chain Reaction as well .... never had any issues with any of it

Ja, I'm guessing the shifter was off another bike, as it was scratched.

The chain was in a bag - problem is it only has 113 links, not 116, so it's too short...

I could be wrong, but I dont remember seeing anything of this displayed when I bought it...

I have often received stuff fro CWC where the stuff is wrapped in bubble wrap as aposed to original packaging. Never had any issues.

Ja, I'm guessing the shifter was off another bike, as it was scratched.

The chain was in a bag - problem is it only has 113 links, not 116, so it's too short...

I could be wrong, but I dont remember seeing anything of this displayed when I bought it...

Perhaps take the matter up with CWC to get clariity

I bought a reverb on sale a while ago, was out of town so I sent my mother to collect it for me. She called and said she had received it in a plastic bag and no box, I asked her to then follow up regarding the bleed kit and manual to which she got told, that's why its on special take it or leave it. I left it at that and used it for four months until it clapped out on me during a enduro. Returned it with the receipt and asked them to please sort it out. Three weeks later after constant phoning to find out when my warranty would be done I got a call and got told to come collect my post with a service fee of R1300-00 randelas without my approval.

Point of my post (see there). All that glitters is not gold. Oh yeah, the post failed again a month later, Eugene from hullabaloo said he'll sort it out and a day later I received a new reverb. Thanks again Eugene. Support those that go out of their way for you, it's probably cheaper in the long run.

Hi Guys

Allot of our parts are OEM which as explained arrive without boxes to save you, the end consumer, money.

In the case of the upgrade kit let me clarify that EVERYTHING is brand new.

Sure, some may have arrived without boxed but I can assure you that it has never been used.

If you are unhappy with it the way it is please send it back to us and we will gladly refund you.

CWC prides ourselves on delivering quality service, exceptional prices and would never want a customer to feel that they have been dealt a bad hand.

Every XT Upgrade kit chain is the correct length and will work.

Should there be any further​ confusion with regards to this matter please do not hesitate to make contact with me via my email or to call me.

Kind regards

Marnitz Aucamp​

Branch Manager

CWC Online

Marnitz@cwcycles.co.za​​

Personally, I would be pretty bummed if I got this upgrade kit and it firstly wasn't right ( the chain being too small) so I couldn't put it on immediately, and then to see that the shifter was scratched. i would rather take it back and buy from somewhere else. Evo bikes has some really good deals on that stuff, and I think easybike might too. 

EDIT: Good response from CWC guy's though, hopefully they can sort you out.

Edited by bigboyroy007

I can understand getting goods in bubble wrap or plastic bags as packaging is expensive and can save you some cash as long as the goods are new.

The problem is that we pay high prices for these goods and if they arrived scratched or short links of a chain then that is really not on.

Unless stated that it is scratched or short or whatever, getting "new" goods with scratches is really poor form amd even chains with missing links is even worse.

We are then not getting what we pay for.

I actually replaced my chain just this past weekend with one i bought from CWC (previous sale) it also came in a plastic bag not a box but it looked new and was a XT chain so i didn't say anything.

When i put it on my bike i also noticed it was not 116 links but shorter luckily for me it was just the correct length i needed so actually saved me some time having to remove links.