Touring suggestion?

Sepia

You should have given me a shout when in Durbs?

:wacko: I arrived too late on Friday night.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi anyone got a route off road from Heidelberg to Golden gate I am keen to plan a trip that way then head into Lesotho down out Sani pass way

We motorbike-toured offroad routes a while ago, all on backroads and dirtroads. Obviously the demands for (pedal)bike touring is a bit different. The travel story here on my blog  (http://yamahatdub.blogspot.co.za/2016/08/the-journey-as-destination-jozi-clarens.html), if you'd be interested in checking out the townnames and roadnames to help with ideas.

We motorbike-toured offroad routes a while ago, all on backroads and dirtroads. Obviously the demands for (pedal)bike touring is a bit different. The travel story here on my blog  (http://yamahatdub.blogspot.co.za/2016/08/the-journey-as-destination-jozi-clarens.html), if you'd be interested in checking out the townnames and roadnames to help with ideas.

Enjoyed reading your blog posts. Thank you for sharing

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Anyone planning any cool trips we can all drool about???

fyi, I still have something awesome for sale...

https://www.bikehub.co.za/index.php?app=hubmarket&module=core&do=view_item&item_id=247980&new=1

Haven't started planning anything yet, but have decided that I need to start working on it.

Something short over a weekend to start with perhaps.

Would want to ride from home (Midrand) to a location, spend the night, and ride home again.

Suggestions welcome ;)

Haven't started planning anything yet, but have decided that I need to start working on it.

Something short over a weekend to start with perhaps.

Would want to ride from home (Midrand) to a location, spend the night, and ride home again.

Suggestions welcome ;)

some of my routs might interest you, i usually head out from Centurion

some of my routs might interest you, i usually head out from Centurion

Do you have anything heading out east towards Loskop dam and on to the Dullstroom area?

Do you have anything heading out east towards Loskop dam and on to the Dullstroom area?

Indeed!

do-able on a normal weekend, or long weekend...

My dry bag harness for my handlebar works like a bomb. Sterri-Napi bucket cut up. Total cost for webbing and buckles R30.

I used it for a 100km dirt ride yesterday and no shifting of the harness or the dry bag.

post-6398-0-70154100-1494822967_thumb.jpg

My dry bag harness for my handlebar works like a bomb. Sterri-Napi bucket cut up. Total cost for webbing and buckles R30.

I used it for a 100km dirt ride yesterday and no shifting of the harness or the dry bag.

Nice Dusty

I do the same but tie up in reverse. No need for fancy expensive handlebar bags I say.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Cat-i

I managed to ride Frankfort to Kestell day 1 then day 2 Kestell through golden gate national park into Lesotho up to Oxbow lodge , day 3 Afriski to sani top lodge then day 4 down Sani pass to Nottingham road

Very lekker ride

Approx 585km with just over 10 000m assent

• 1 month later...

At last.

Finished and now to visit the Drakensberg.

Need to cut cables and change wheels.

Eye catching colour you got there…