Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2016

Bikehub weight loss competition  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in a weight loss competition

• Yes
    • Perhaps
    • Where's my cake?

Get a puzzle alarm clock on your phone, set the coffee timer 5 minutes before that alarm goes off. Put the phone in the kitchen, next to the coffee, put your phone inside your cycling shoes. Put your bib above your shoes.

If you still manage to crawl back to bed, you deserve it

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a puzzle alarm clock on your phone, set the coffee timer 5 minutes before that alarm goes off. Put the phone in the kitchen, next to the coffee, put your phone inside your cycling shoes. Put your bib above your shoes.

I'm just going to say that you don't need as much 'food and drink' as most people think when training .... your body can get through probably 2 hours of what most of us consider 'hard' without anything extra, it's your mind that you need to get right!

I'm also not for 'recovery' drinking and eating unless you're in a hard stage race or something maar nou ja  :ph34r:

I eat 2 boiled eggs every morning and have 2 cups of coffee (with sweetener and full cream milk), don't ever carbo load anymore (in fact eat no carbs but that's beside the point) and have done some crazy stuff ..... and survived

When I started riding (some decades ago) that was a piece of advice passed on from the senior members of the group I was riding with, NEVER have your alarm clock beside your bed if you struggle to get up!

just changed my alarm to have snooze intervals. Up till now, it's always gone off for a minute and just stopped there, no repeats. Now, hopefully I'll be forced to get up and actually stop it... 

It's even been downstairs in the vrek koud lounge... Just hope this works now. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

I have been working really hard to get to 95kg, Was stuck on 100kg, then 99kg, now between 96-97kg.  It really takes a lot of effort, training, eating well and trying to have a balanced life style.  All I can add, is that it must not be a quick fix diet, It must become a lifestyle, otherwise you will drop 2kg and pick up 4.  the struggle is real.....

I have been working really hard to get to 95kg, Was stuck on 100kg, then 99kg, now between 96-97kg.  It really takes a lot of effort, training, eating well and trying to have a balanced life style.  All I can add, is that it must not be a quick fix diet, It must become a lifestyle, otherwise you will drop 2kg and pick up 4.  the struggle is real.....

Tell me about it... FFS

as Tom pointed out, it does take some time to get use to it. I did it last year for 2-3 months before Shova and it really helped me drop weight.

I could go for 70-80km on a medium paced training ride without any breakfast, on just water.

Back to doing it now and the extra weight is coming off quickly, so will continue.

There will definitely be bad days so just go easy on those but push through a few months and I am sure you will see a difference.

I'm just going to say that you don't need as much 'food and drink' as most people think when training .... your body can get through probably 2 hours of what most of us consider 'hard' without anything extra, it's your mind that you need to get right!

I'm also not for 'recovery' drinking and eating unless you're in a hard stage race or something maar nou ja  :ph34r:

I eat 2 boiled eggs every morning and have 2 cups of coffee (with sweetener and full cream milk), don't ever carbo load anymore (in fact eat no carbs but that's beside the point) and have done some crazy stuff ..... and survived

I get hungry though, I can stay hungry for 45mins but then I start to get miserable and my whole body aches and then it's tickets, my mind goes. 

I am trying though to eat less on each long ride and see where the tipping point is but it does seem to be different on each ride. For now I wait until I get hungry before I eat but I always wait that first hour out, no matter what. 

I am aware that I probably need some other plan but I'm pretty confident that fasted isn't going to work for me. Not now anyway, I'm on a mission to improve my cycling dramatically, I can't sacrifice training for weightloss. Maybe when this current goal is met, sometime in March next year... I am losing though, pretty slowly but it's going in the right direction.

I get hungry though, I can stay hungry for 45mins but then I start to get miserable and my whole body aches and then it's tickets, my mind goes. 

I am trying though to eat less on each long ride and see where the tipping point is but it does seem to be different on each ride. For now I wait until I get hungry before I eat but I always wait that first hour out, no matter what. 

I am aware that I probably need some other plan but I'm pretty confident that fasted isn't going to work for me. Not now anyway, I'm on a mission to improve my cycling dramatically, I can't sacrifice training for weightloss. Maybe when this current goal is met, sometime in March next year... I am losing though, pretty slowly but it's going in the right direction.

Exactly my point, you 'feel' hungry and your 'mind' goes but hey you know what your body can still go without eating anything and that is the crux of the matter ... 

so what happens on a day like this... I can chow a pizza for lunch :drool: . not happening.

#trainmean #eatclean

post-67394-0-80732900-1465891654_thumb.jpg

If I can do it then almost anybody can do it but it happened over a very long stretch of time, 5 years to be exact. I was at Le Tour and I was on camera live. My dad saw me and got excited and sent me a pic from the tv while I was waiting for the riders. I saw the pic and first thought my dad got it wrong, that fat bloke cant be me. I looked, my heart sank as I realised it was me. My day went from being fully excited to depression in 5sec flat and actually just wanted to fly home. That night in the hotel I looked in the mirror and hated what I had became and said there and then that is it I am going on a diet. Diet worked but too quickly and I gained more once I stopped.

I soon understood its not a diet its a lifestyle change. With cutting out most bad things but still eating good stuff just smaller amounts I have been constantly winning the battle. 2011 I was on my heaviest at 115kg, today I am sitting on 91,7kg so still heavy but better. I just cant wait to get in the 80's which is around the corner. I cycle a lot but eating right and smaller portions have a lot to do with shedding. Even with doing around 200-300km a week of cycling I still have to check portion size otherwise I don't loose and just hover at the same weight

So ladies and gents, don't be despondent if you taking long to loose those kilos. check what you eating, how big your portions are and most importantly don't expect miracles. It took your body a long time too get too that size and it will take a long time to get back to your goal weight. I see someone wrote about my fitness Pal. Great app and helps me ALOT! Keep at it folks 

You didnt wake up one morning... look in mirror and suddenly there was this huge fat person standing in front of you...it suddenly happened thanks to the carefully planned eating habits over a long period of time[emoji12]....it creeps up on you...one clothes size at a time [emoji6]

My struggle is so real that i have bags in the top of my cupboard with clothes ranging from 36-44...the 40 bag is empty at the moment [emoji6]

To think my browns where a size 32...maybe because i was only 17 in the sadf.

Last night my wife had a massive junkfood craving. We ended up getting some Romans. It is the first time in my life that I did not finish all of my food. I could have, but I did not feel I needed to. Was quite a liberating feeling knowing that I don't have to shovel everything in. I did not lose weight today but neither did I gain. I'm quite proud of myself. And the leftovers made a lekker brekkie.

On my way back down again. 108.7 this morning. Was 111 on Saturday.

Really glad to hear this.

How's the strength training going?