Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2016

Bikehub weight loss competition  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in a weight loss competition

• Yes
    • Perhaps
    • Where's my cake?

Carbs... carbs is my problem. It is difficult to be on a low carb vegan plan. While soya, beans, lentils etc etc have a good protein value, they are also high in carbs.

I need to probably change to a more plant based type diet to really see a big difference.

MEAT....

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MEAT....

its been more than about 18 years since I ate any meat, seafood, eggs etc

Carbs... carbs is my problem. It is difficult to be on a low carb vegan plan. While soya, beans, lentils etc etc have a good protein value, they are also high in carbs.

I need to probably change to a more plant based type diet to really see a big difference.

It is funny I lost a lot of weight when I was a vegan (aka bad hunter)

But then again I had a load of junk food every day.  My diet was a steers burger every day combine with fries.  Going vegan has a very limited range of foods one can enjoy.  Gave up the Vegan way when I worked at Spur.  No way you can tell a client what is good on the menu when you are a vegan...

It is funny I lost a lot of weight when I was a vegan (aka bad hunter)

But then again I had a load of junk food every day.  My diet was a steers burger every day combine with fries.  Going vegan has a very limited range of foods one can enjoy.  Gave up the Vegan way when I worked at Spur.  No way you can tell a client what is good on the menu when you are a vegan...

Does not compute. It's all varying degrees of "meh"

Only one I'd reaaally consider is the bacon / avo / cheese burger with onion rings on top, and then maybe a steak on the hotplate, rare.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Maybe it's about time you rethought that :)

haha maybe it is hey, might help me become a better cyclist...

Does not compute. It's all varying degrees of "meh"

Only one I'd reaaally consider is the bacon / avo / cheese burger with onion rings on top, and then maybe a steak on the hotplate, rare.

That was before they went to .... (2004 there round)

Remember as a waiter you get access to some of the stuff that patrons do not have access to.  just think... 500 grams of steak with a BP and sour cream...  Stuff to drool for. We got the option to buy some of the stock that was about to be tossed at a very low price.  Think a 500g steak and chips was some R15-00.  Oh and getting the top waiter also had a reward...

But thinking back, living on thinz, smokes, brandy and coke (or any liquor for that matter) and drugs did not help a lot.  Alcoholism can screw you up big time.

Got on the scale.  0 movement.

on 90,9 kg from Monday

Been one super crazy week where I am under constant stress and worry due to this economic times, and seeing that my job might be in jeopardy.  Had no Coke but had one bottle of flavour water (only water the shop had) and Sunday was the last day chocolate touched these lips.  Had no fast food.  A few Naartjies and 3 Apples for the week.  Been taking vitamins as well (broad scope and 1000 mg of Vit C)

So will see this weekend

If only there was simple solution...yet there is...it's all in the mind...but to try get it to focus on what is probably the most important task...your health...because without it you have nothing...it seems to find more trivial useless tasks...like worrying about a rattle in the Di2 lever...we won't go there.

People outlay thousands on contracts...equipment special food...tablets and *** to get fit and loose weight...yet if we go back to basics....eat fruit an vegetables and exercise for 30 minutes a day your problem is solved...can someone send my brain the memo [emoji57]

I have watched hours and hours of how to loose weight and get fit...no matter if the clip is 2 minutes or 2 hours long they all say the same the thing in a round about way...some spend 10 minutes telling how...by just buying some miracle information you will achieve results...yeah right.

As I sit here preaching with my fat gut hanging over my pants sipping on my coffee with 2 sugars [emoji57]

Please don't tell me my weight hasn't changed because the fat has turned to muscle...that must be the lamest phase I am yet to hear.

Or that if I cycle faster and further I will loose weight...don't be fooled by that phrase either...I sit here heavier than I was at the beginning of this year with almost 3 000 km recorded on strava...since 1 January... PRs on just about every ride recorded...a block of high intensity training at cadence...which included 90 km on the trainer during the week and sometimes over 100 km over the weekend on the bike.

"Eat yourself thin and exercise to tone or build muscle"

Edited by isetech

Really, REALLY frustrating. Don't know if it's a water retention thing or something else, but I went up this morning. 

Gah! If it's water / moisture / whatever, it should be gone again in 2 days. Only thing I did differently was had a couple of beers after a 90 minute ride and putting up a wendy house. Ramping up the training again this week. Last week's was an easing in.