Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

The clever way to fight the defamation suit - and save face - would have been to post something like this: "I have been contacted by lawyers representing Kevin Evans concerning my comment posted on social media. Evans is, according to his representatives, of the opinion that my comment that stated he had had bad form in races since his partner tested positive for banned a banned substances inferred that he too was a doper. This was not my intention. I apologize to those to whom that impression was made." Repeat the libel while apologizing for it. Works a treat.

Edited by Tumbleweed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The clever way to fight the defamation suit - and save face - would have been to post something like this: "I have been contacted by lawyers representing Kevin Evans concerning my comment posted on social media. Evans, i according to his representatives, of the opinion that my comment that stated he had had bad form in races since his partner tested positive for bad substance

Dude... grammar! 

Dude... grammar! 

Sorry, my phone has gone past predictive text to auto type and post...edited above post now...I hope...

Run it's course this thread... need some more juice.

Maybe we could get the Doctor in to share his thoughts (in more than 140 characters) - anybody on Tweeter who could maybe pull him in here  :thumbup:

Maybe we could get the Doctor in to share his thoughts (in more than 140 characters) - anybody on Tweeter who could maybe pull him in here  :thumbup:

Okay, closing argument time. I know many of the players in this drama from both sides personally, and there have been many missteps. My take: Dopers are unprincipled. Call them out. But do so in a principled way.

Are we really in the mood for some marketing.....my cadence has run low......

I once had a boss who spoke before thinking the matter through. A colleague made this observation which I have never forgotten: 

"He speaks faster than he remembers"

In another job, someone (who is now also on this forum) coined a phrase just as apt:

"Ready FIRE, aim!"

The thing is, if we speak everything that just jumps in our heads we end up regretting it at some point. Things that are said, cannot be unsaid. the words are out there and they cannot be deleted just by wishing we had an "undo" button.

THINK

Are we really in the mood for some marketing.....my cadence has run low......

Some of us prefer expert opinions to the muddlings of us laymen...

I see you have an agenda with the Doc though... noted. 

Some of us prefer expert opinions to the muddlings of us laymen...

I see you have an agenda with the Doc though... noted

Oh really....now please quote every single post where I mentioned the doc....this is my first one and let me just say this...before you go off and look for all those posts....evertyime he opens his mouth it sounds like an opportunity to market his product....have at it.....

Oh really....now please quote every single post where I mentioned the doc....this is my first one and let me just say this...before you go off and look for all those posts....evertyime he opens his mouth it sounds like an opportunity to market his product....have at it.....

Still don't know what this "product" is, or where it's kept.