Cycling Kit: Why Black?

seahorse

OK so if black is really nowhere near as visible, or as cool, as white - why so many black jerseys out there? Sky fashion?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so if black is really nowhere near as visible, or as cool, as white - why so many black jerseys out there? Sky fashion?

because white bibs, tops, shoes, gloves and helmets are so 5 years ago.

I often wonder the same. 

I then try and look objectively at how visible certain coloured kits of the riders I pass actually appear to me.

And it sounds dof, but in my opinion there are colour/combinations that seem less visible than black on a clear and sunny day.

IMO baby blue and white tops do a good cammo job when it's bright outside. The ones I've seen might as well wear Harry's special cape.

Edited by MaxUmis

It's sliming, you look like a ninja, fashion model, hangman, james bond in a dinners suit and as every fashionista knows the most important piece in your wardrobe is the LBD.

Technically, ninjas shouldn't look like anything as you're not supposed to see them... 

And Bond on a bike might not look too suave...

post-1604-0-13908900-1453198409_thumb.jpg

Slimming, stealth, and sexy judging by carbon29er's post. :clap: Thx.!

And apparently practical too given some of the other posts.

black is not warmer than white, just ask those nomadic people who wander the Sahara

Black is a better platform for other colours to stand out from which actually improves your visibility unless your are wearing fluo colours

Black kit looks great on the road but bright colours for mtb.

http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1EFUjKXXXXXcBXpXXq6xXFXXX3/Factory-Outlet-MOLTENi-font-b-cycling-b-font-font-b-jersey-b-font-2015-black-color.jpg