Bike Insurance

KayJ

i was shocked with my newpremium hike after being moved to Compendium, Allison is far from helpful - Rude if you ask me...

definitely looking for a new insurer.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alexander Forbes

29" Giant Trance for R35 600.00 premium R99.55

26" Merida One Twenty XT for R20 000.00 premium R55.92

I know your post was 4 months ago, but are you happy with them. They have offered me a quote far cheaper than my Santam premium and the cover is far better.

I was preparing to move over to them until I saw the massive amounts of complaints against them on Hellopeter.

I know your post was 4 months ago, but are you happy with them. They have offered me a quote far cheaper than my Santam premium and the cover is far better.

I was preparing to move over to them until I saw the massive amounts of complaints against them on Hellopeter.

I was with them a few months and had a large (40k on a 90k vehicle) MVA claim paid without any problems. However my premium did increase slightly after the claim. I haven't had a claim since so it's hard to say. T

• 4 months later...

Hi Peeps,

Sorry I didn't read the entire thread.  was actually looking for some quick advise or someone to point me in the right direction.

I have been with my current insurers for maybe more than two years now.  Considering going to Bike Life.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Hi Peeps,

Sorry I didn't read the entire thread. was actually looking for some quick advise or someone to point me in the right direction.

I have been with my current insurers for maybe more than two years now. Considering going to Bike Life.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Would also like to know

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't know they do insurance, my understanding is they offer financing for bicycles? (BikeLife)

Didn't know they do insurance, my understanding is they offer financing for bicycles? (BikeLife)

Looks like they are broking a One Insurance product

Ok, quick check on their website....

Underwritten by One

It's no secret, we love riding and we love our bikes, and if anything happened to them, we'd be gutted.

Buying a bike is an expensive decision and you should definitely get the best insurance cover available for your shiny new steed. Bike Life Cover, in association with One Insurance, offers you customized bicycle insurance to meet the needs of your outdoor passion.

Don't bother putting your bike on your household policy because once you leave the house, you are not covered.

What you need is specific insurance for you bike, WHILE IN USE, not sitting at home in the garage.

Whats covered:

1. Damage or loss of your bicycle and all specified accessories, for damage while in storage, in transit and in use, even abroad.

2. Personal liability cover for any damage to third parties while in use.

3. Personal accident insurance in the event of death or disability while in use

Outsurance: R67K Transition MTB... quoted R908 PM and I have household and car with them. Nice. Better believe they are getting a bullet in 2017. 

Looking for some advice on what replacement value to quote for one of my bikes. It's a 2005 model Trek 8000 26er with standard spec for its time. It includes a Fox F80RL fork, full XT (brakes, shifters, drivetrain), and Bontrager Race Lite tubeless ready wheels. The other bits are pretty much all Bontrager and the frame was made from Trek's premium aluminium at the time.

I currently have the replacement cost at R25k but think this may be considered to be under insured in the current economic climate of costly bikes. Any thoughts on this? What do you think the replacement cost should be? If the bike was a complete write off or stolen, what would the direct replacement bike be from 2017's options (Trek or otherwise)?

Replacement would be the Superfly 7 hardtail, from looking at their website. Check with The Gear Change to see what the current retail price is. USD is at $2100 so R 25k is definitely too little

Replacement would be the Superfly 7 hardtail, from looking at their website. Check with The Gear Change to see what the current retail price is. USD is at $2100 so R 25k is definitely too little

Cool, thanks Myles. Will chat to them and update my policy accordingly

Archived