Constantia Greenbelt Trail news and updates

Bicyclegear

Encountered some obstacles placed by presumably a disgruntled hater of all things MTB at the top of the Constantia Greenbelt near top of Southern Cross Drive when I was descending at about 7pm last night.  Be careful and watchful out there.

After you bunny hopped over those obstacles, did you stop and remove them from the trail?  :whistling:  :ph34r:

Thanks for taking the time out to give us a heads up about this.  :thumbup:

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After you bunny hopped over those obstacles, did you stop and remove them from the trail?  :whistling:  :ph34r:

Thanks for taking the time out to give us a heads up about this.  :thumbup:

Yep definitely.  Was  just below the berms/ switchbacks  near  the top so if I wasn't concentrating I wouldn't have been able to bunny hop or remove...

Encountered some obstacles placed by presumably a disgruntled hater of all things MTB at the top of the Constantia Greenbelt near top of Southern Cross Drive when I was descending at about 7pm last night.  Be careful and watchful out there.

They'll have to go a bit bigger if they want to stop people, but it's the start of a dangerous approach from other users. 

Probably stem from people belting down there without care and attention for other users. I know I pin it down there myself, but if there's someone in front of me or in the trail, I slow right down. 

They'll have to go a bit bigger if they want to stop people, but it's the start of a dangerous approach from other users. 

Probably stem from people belting down there without care and attention for other users. I know I pin it down there myself, but if there's someone in front of me or in the trail, I slow right down. 

small obstacle ......maybe its a warning more than a threat

you hear lots of mean mumbling from dog walkers and hikers when guys fly down there

(im always waiting for a huge prang or a massive official moan meeting to happen )

its not a race track... just a little trail ...maybe some of us need to calm our inner weekend warrior :whistling:

Must say, I did these trails over the last week-end, and it is just not worth the agro of the walkers, runners and doggie people.  We were accommodating, smiled, greeted, waited where needed, stop if risky etc. etc. but the flippen attitude of the some of the other users, just make what should be a nice experience into a WTF experience. 

Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt, they can now keep there jeep track, dogs without leases, crappy attitude and dog crap to themselves for all I care.  There are nicer, better trails on and off the mountain without this ****.

that's cause you are riding your bike

I walk my dog up there also and that's where you hear the moaning (on the ground so to speak) ^_^

some wannabe warrior comes roaring down there (usually a couple of them and weirdly you haven't seen them riding UP... :ph34r: )  and everyone bails out his way and then you hear ........etcetc

ps most of the time and the majority of riders theres never a complaint but theres always the odd spoilers and it only takes one .......

Edited by bikebloke

that's cause you are riding your bike

I walk my dog up there also and that's where you hear the moaning (on the ground so to speak) ^_^

some wannabe warrior comes roaring down there (usually a couple of them and weirdly you haven't seen them riding UP... :ph34r: ) and everyone bails out his way and then you hear ........etcetc

ps most of the time and the majority of riders theres never a complaint but theres always the odd spoilers and it only takes one .......

100%

It's not a race track. If you want to pin it, best make sure there's nobody else on the trail. Otherwise, move off and GO SLOW.

But then I'm just being considerate

If anyone finds a small black top cap on the stretches between Peddlars and Lower Tokai, or on the Lower Tokai loop, please give me a shout. My rebound adjuster knob came undone this morning. Not a biggie, but I'd like it back! 

:)

If anyone finds a small black top cap on the stretches between Peddlers and Lower Tokai, or on the Lower Tokai loop, please give me a shout. My rebound adjuster knob came undone this morning. Not a biggie, but I'd like it back! 

:)

Ok will keep an eye out ...you got a pic i've got quite a collection of bits and pieces i picked up on the trails over the years.

• 3 weeks later...

Read they completed a track to bypass that horrible port section on the Nuwelands Forest track so checked it out yesterday. Kudos to all the okes that did such fantastic work. Similar to the bark filled track over the top of Kirstenbosch, its now pretty pleasurable to do a continuous ride all the way. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Now if only I can manage that steeeep incline above Kirstenbosch.  :eek:

Read they completed a track to bypass that horrible port section on the Nuwelands Forest track so checked it out yesterday. Kudos to all the okes that did such fantastic work. Similar to the bark filled track over the top of Kirstenbosch, its now pretty pleasurable to do a continuous ride all the way. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Now if only I can manage that steeeep incline above Kirstenbosch.  :eek:

What? You did not ride that section?

What section, the (horrible portage) or the (steeeep section)? The first failure was based on sensible choices and the other ... being pap on the day. LOL