Ashburton MTB Series #2 Sabie 2016

Acre

Weather looks fine for Saturday.

http://www.yr.no/place/South_Africa/Mpumalanga/Sabie/long.html

Cant speak for Sabie but the whole country's experiencing a drought so when it rains it really needs to pour to create a lot of mud. So far only Sunday looks bad.

Now that I have booked my restaurants for Friday and Saturday night, I can remind the rest of you to follow suit if you plan on getting in anywhere!

Just collected my bike from Eldron, hopefully the bitch doesnt play up. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes it will take a lot of rain for the ground to saturate and the mudfest to begin, though my issue is more cycling in the midst of the mist - miss out of all the views, way too many false flats and just plain old boring!

Listen guys yesterday was over 40 here in Nelspruit and today is right up there too. We will need A LOT of rain to create havoc and a mud fest which I don't see happening soon ????????

As for mist man it was so long ago that we had mist here I even forgot that we normally have it!

Having said all of that

So glad it's Sabie Classic this weekend we will get rain and mist and a respite from this heat ????

It is very Quiet. Im in for the Ultra and the Half Marathon on Sunday.

Cant believe they charge R400 for the Ultra and R240 for the Half Marathon.

Shoooo...that's a lot of cash

See you guys in Sabie, hope it stays dry. 

Lexx I paid R350 for Ultra. Hope I entered the right event!!!  :eek:

See you guys in Sabie, hope it stays dry.

Lexx I paid R350 for Ultra. Hope I entered the right event!!! :eek:

Ah i saw now it's late fees, that's why its so much.....

Can't wait for this race, eventhough I will be sweeping, I will get in a good couple of hours in on the Ultra and Marathon in As well.

I don't like to be a drama queen or to cause concern where I don't want to but this was placed on a local whatsapp group we have ..........

Kobus Coetser > LAEVELDERS

I want you all to know to keep away from sabie the protests are extremely violent and I cant stretch this enough KEEP AWAY!!!!

They assaulted a white man today on the Lydenburg -nelspruit- sabie road, roads get closed with burning tyres and vehicles....

So I beg you if you know about someone coming to Sabie for anything tel them they must stay away please, there are threats that the protesters are going to burn down the spar in town so please!!!!

STAY AWAY FROM SABIE!!!!

Archived