SRAM introduce Lever brakes for cross-country and trail riding

News bot

When it comes to braking power and control, we believe in freedom—options. We believe that there should be an absolute best solution for every type of rider and every kind of ride; that there really isn’t a One-Size-Fits-Most when it comes to brakes. That’s the concept that led us to the development of Level, a new brake designed for the needs of modern cross-country and trail riders.

Click here to view the article

Do they still squeal like stuck pigs?

I was never a fan of AVID brakes, but I been running a set of guides for the last 6 months and have been very impressed with them.

SRAM have upped their game in the braking department. 

Guide is easily better than Shimano. Power and great modulation.

Level should at least be er....level with Shitmano

Sneaky Sneaky on the brand name....

Edited by Frank.Hutt

I still think that Truvativ Noir handlebar is so sexy. I miss mine, would have kept it if it wasn't so narrow.

I am/was a confirmed Avid h8r. They were shyte.

Guides hmmm different animal - I like them a lot.

More than Shimano? Nah. But they're good. I would happily spec them on a bike.

What I do still hate are marketing terms. Man oh man SRAM (and all the others of course) have about a trillion of them. Our new direct TM pullTM shiftxTM multiwaveTM hypercleanTM megathrillTM extenderTM shiftswellTM brakesTM are awesomeTM buy themTM. TM. PleaseTM.

Been an Avid fan for ever. Had everything from Juicy Ultimates to XO on mine and XX on my wife's bike.

Started giving problems, could never get the pistons to pull back far enough not to have disc rub. Tiny bit, but it was there. Even the bike shop didn't want to mess with them too much, factory flaw or something.

Ordered XT brakes from CWC, a bit heavier yeah, but solid. Won't be going back to Avid/SRAM.

I am sorry SRAM, using Brrruuunniiii as an example saying "our brakes slow this guy down" is just plain rubbish marketing .........we all know he does not use brakes :P