New Shimano 11-46 cassette

JXV

And I thought the SRAM 42t looked goofy with a bigger ring at the back than the front...

46t is gonna look like a dinner plate!

Being a self confessed Shimanophile I'll probably go 1x11 soon. I said I never would for stage racing!!! Damnit.

Shimano is not giving up on their front mech's. Apparently there'll be updates to current 2X11 and 3X10 cranksets to offer a wider range of gearing. 

Cost may also be a factor. How much is this cluster going to cost compared to a "standard" 11-36. A 2x10 may be significantly cheaper to run over the long-term.

And I thought the SRAM 42t looked goofy with a bigger ring at the back than the front...

46t is gonna look like a dinner plate!

Being a self confessed Shimanophile I'll probably go 1x11 soon. I said I never would for stage racing!!! Damnit.

dude there is no way you need a 46..

dude there is no way you need a 46..

Everything is relative - I rolled a 38/26 with an 11-36 cassette at Epic a few years back and cried like a baby the whole way up Rusty Gate climb. Damn my partner and his 60kg goat like mountain climbing body!

Everything is relative - I rolled a 38/26 with an 11-36 cassette at Epic a few years back and cried like a baby the whole way up Rusty Gate climb. Damn my partner and his 60kg goat like mountain climbing body!

then the added benefit of being able to go up a ring size... Cos speed. 

then the added benefit of being able to go up a ring size... Cos speed. 

Won't be used a lot on the Epic.... not much downhill that is for pedalling at speed.... might as well roll downcliff :)

I just hope they don't stop producing XT 2x10 components.

I want two front rings for redundancy and faster large gap shifting.

I don't need 2x11 or 2x12 - 2x10 ist just the right combo for marathons...  :D

Bring ur 1x10 to Lesotho....

rather 1x6 for Lesotho

http://images.moto.it/images/873880/700x/2016-ktm-exc-300-001.jpg

I just hope they don't stop producing XT 2x10 components.

I want two front rings for redundancy and faster large gap shifting.

I don't need 2x11 or 2x12 - 2x10 ist just the right combo for marathons...  :D

that'll take a long long time. can still get loads of 3x9 stuff

that'll take a long long time. can still get loads of 3x9 stuff

The press release said they are retaining both 2x11 and 3x10 options including new lower range options in both. A 2x11 crankset with 34-24 and a 3x10 with 40-30-22 have been added.

This will help those who ride steeper stuff and those who love their riding but are not super-strong. It also helps compensate for the move to larger wheelsets from 26".

The press release said they are retaining both 2x11 and 3x10 options including new lower range options in both. A 2x11 crankset with 34-24 and a 3x10 with 40-30-22 have been added.

This will help those who ride steeper stuff and those who love their riding but are not super-strong. It also helps compensate for the move to larger wheelsets from 26".

The 3x10 40-30-22 is actually old had that on my last 29er

Archived