29er Dual Suspension Bike weights

awesme

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They balance quite Well by themselves ,especially upside down. It's the magical fish scale.

Edited by Pikey

shows the bike at 10.8 Kg which I can believe

Second threads shows 9.9kg which I find hard to believe

So one should prefer to believe a spreadsheet, rather than a scale that measures the actual bike?

I used to have a Giant Alu 29er and when I did take off the heavy wheels and fork during maintenance, I was amazed by the weight of the frame.

Interesting comment - I recently did a test between my hardtail (carbon) and my new dual sus (Trek) which is about 1.5kg heavier than the hardtail. I tested bikes back to back on the same trails and the heavier dually was unexpectedly faster on the uphills as well as technical, flat and downs. Given that I weigh around 57kg, 1.5kg difference is substantial (will post full details of my testing soon)

I weigh 65kg there is no doubt that my Sworks is faster on the technical climbs and downhills than my Scott 910 HT.

But on those 80k days I would like to think that not carting an extra 1.2 kg  up the mountains will save lots of energy.

On XCO the Sworks although heavier is much quicker over the same course,the traction is also better up loose sharp climbs.

My Specialized Epic Marathon with XX1 comes in at 11.2KG's with pedals, bottle cages, swat box with a tube and a bomb and the multitool on the frame.

Without all the extras it is 10.2KG's

Scott Spark 950 - 12.8kg all kit; with me 92.8kg excluding my "kit"

Ghost AMR 2995 - 12.5kg all kit; excluding fiancées weight here

Edited by keithbe

Rocky Mountain Element 970, medium - 11,3kg. Including pedals, spare tube, bottle cage, multi-tool, 2 bombs and inflator. Also has Giant dropper post.

Rocky Mountain Element 970, medium - 11,3kg. Including pedals, spare tube, bottle cage, multi-tool, 2 bombs and inflator. Also has Giant dropper post.

That seems a bit light, the listed weight is 11.2, I will weigh mine today and report back

Edited by Rocky Rider

My bad, 970rsl - not original setup.

Sid xx wc

AC Race wheels

XO crank + oval 32

1x10 setup - xtr cassette + 42t

Carbon bars

Racing ralph SS (2.25r 2.35f)

Weighed on fishing scale