29er Dual Suspension Bike weights

awesme

14 hours ago, Mattman said:

Agreed. Hoping the carbon rims will make a larger marginal difference. HOWEVER, feel and actual performance can be 2 different things. So while you feel faster on the anthem with carbon rims, does that translate into riding faster? Strava segments improve? 

So I've been an alloy wheel man for decades, due to my complete lack of mechanical sympathy when descending. 

I've recently made the move to Carbon hoops and well. the difference is unbelievable. Bike feels so much more responsive under acceleration and braking, the wider hoops give my 2.35" wide tire grip like I've never had before. My bike isn't much lighter but its certainly more responsive

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently replaced my "American Classic wide lightning Race" aluminium wheelset with a set of Enve M50 carbon wheels. (DT Swiss 360 star ratchet hub at rear / front Lefty hub.)

Although the American classic wheels were a few grams lighter that the Enve's there is no comparison between the two sets.   

Maybe its the stiffness of the Enve's or the immediate engagement of the star ratchet - The Enve's are just next level 👌

1 hour ago, PregoRoll said:

well. the difference is unbelievable. Bike feels so much more responsive under acceleration and braking

Yep... 1st time I rode my carbon wheels on my usual trails I was very surprised, it felt that just releasing the brakes was enough for the bike to the pick up speed again, 1 revolution and I was back to full speed !

• 3 weeks later...

A little off topic, but on the Titan Cypher, is there a way to conceal the cable into the rear shock a little more to get a "cleaner" look? Anyone tried and been successful?

image.png.93a4e357631b6b25a9df37d19eb0c958.png

On 3/7/2023 at 8:44 PM, Tyrol said:

I ride a GT 9r Zaskar , weigh in at 9.5

Still keen to hear more about this...

44 minutes ago, Mattman said:

A little off topic, but on the Titan Cypher, is there a way to conceal the cable into the rear shock a little more to get a "cleaner" look? Anyone tried and been successful?

image.png.93a4e357631b6b25a9df37d19eb0c958.png

The mrs has a small frame. I actually swapped it out for a shock without remote lockout. It is easy/close enough to reach and flick and the cable is out the way of getting bottle in and out.

Just now, droo said:

That FS Zaskar frame weighs about 9.5kg, so maybe that's what he meant?

GIF.gif