SRAM introduces 12-speed Eagle drivetrains

News bot

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Pro's won't use it, the 50t is just for weenies who can't climb"

Say hello to Jerome Clementz, and his 38t front ring and Eagle cassette. 

EDIT: You can also see that he's used that 50t a fair bit. 

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/2/photos/103205/s1600_EWSChile16_N3X9650.jpg?1458873380

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/2/photos/103204/s1600_EWSChile16_N3X9648.jpg?1458873379

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Yes it is easier to drop a chain hence 1x

I mean to shift from a big chainring to a small chainring in 1 shot while under load is a lot quicker than trying to shift up the cassette while pedaling hard on a sudden unexpected incline.

I mean to shift from a big chainring to a small chainring in 1 shot while under load is a lot quicker than trying to shift up the cassette while pedaling hard on a sudden unexpected incline.

and the chance of dropping or snapping a chain in said instance is also markedly higher... 

"Pro's won't use it, the 50t is just for weenies who can't climb"

Say hello to Jerome Clementz, and his 38t front ring and Eagle cassette.

EDIT: You can also see that he's used that 50t a fair bit.

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/2/photos/103205/s1600_EWSChile16_N3X9650.jpg?1458873380

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/2/photos/103204/s1600_EWSChile16_N3X9648.jpg?1458873379

So the gold "bling" is optional?

Actually looks like everything is normal 11x stuff and only using the cassette.

Edit. Autocorrect issue

Edited by Bobbo_SA

I have in fact broken a chain when suddenly changing to an easier gear at the back when hitting a sudden unexpected incline but have never had any trouble changing down at the front in a similar situation.

I guess the thing is to find what works for you and what you like riding and then go with it.

For me I love my triple chainset thanks. [emoji4]

So the gold "bling" is optional?

Gold one is XX1 Eagle, black is X01

Actually looks like everything is normal 11x stuff and only using the cassette.

Edit. Autocorrect issue

Erm, no. Everything is Eagle. Definitely all Eagle. Look at the red cage inner, and the larger lower pully, as well as the new chainring. That's definitely the new one. Also, the recessed cage-lock and the hex-head clutch adjustment thing is a dead giveaway. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Gold one is XX1 Eagle, black is X01

Erm, no. Everything is Eagle. Definitely all Eagle. Look at the red cage inner, and the larger lower pully, as well as the new chainring. That's definitely the new one. Also, the recessed cage-lock and the hex-head clutch adjustment thing is a dead giveaway.

all is eagle. ..Good is just a special treatmenT. ...and more costly

And as I said dropping the chain and having zero drive has a higher probability hence 1x.

with 1x11 and gripshift I can use the whole range of the cassette very quickly.

And lastly, Even whenI used flippy shifters and rapid rise, I didn't have problems with "surprise hills".

I did have problems with dropped  and jammed chains (between chain stay and chainring) and since I've engineered Shimano FD to work with SRAM shifters reliably, even with systems designed to work together dropped chains are just a reality on a full suspension MTB in the heat of battle.

Hence......1x

bye bye dropped chains,

no more broken chains

My team mate broke a chain during a stage race. Yip 2x system. Never seen a rider break a chain with 1x

all is eagle. ..Good is just a special treatmenT. ...and more costly

both XX1 & X01 are Eagle. Eagle is their name for 12sp systems. XX1 is Gold themed, X01 is red. So it looks as if Jerome is running solid X01 Eagle. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

both XX1 & X01 are Eagle. Eagle is their name for 12sp systems. XX1 is Gold themed, X01 is red. So it looks as if Jerome is running solid X01 Eagle.

I'll go sit in my (Shimano) corner and be quiet now, properly "schooled". :-)

That dinner plate looks ridiculous, I wonder how much it costs?

$360 to $420

Almost the same as their new crankset

$360 to $420 Almost the same as their new crankset

• Cassette – $360 | €392 | £302

Yes, it's expensive. But it's the same price (almost) as the current X01 / XX1 cassettes, and it's their top of the line option. It was never going to be cheap, with the amount of machining that goes into it. 

If you want a cheaper one, wait until the GX level one comes out, or just go for the 11speed e-13 cassette (9-44) at $309.

It's clear that you're a hater, and you don't understand the reasoning behind it...