SRAM introduces 12-speed Eagle drivetrains

News bot

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going from 2 x 10 to 1 x 11 made plenty sense to me as the fd was mostly a issue in muddy conditions. 1 x 11 has all the gears I need so honestly don't know what the benefit of 1 x 12would be? Never felt I needed any more gears than what is available on the 1 x 11

I'm with BaGearA on this one. It's getting ridiculous 50T at the rear. Something new to sell to us upgrade obsessed cyclists. If you think you need a 50T at the back stick too a 2-10/11 setup, far cheaper in the long run save the cash for a worthwhile upgrade and if you're buying it because it looks the ducks nuts "which it does" then hey enjoy. Here's getting to top before you. ???? (11-40 / 34T)

I wonder which ring Jaro is going to ride with this. He did the one world cup on a 38t with the 11 speed so they'll probably have to custom make something for him. That guy is power!!!

Impressive weight, thought the cassette was going to be more than 500g. All that machining on the cassette is probably why the price is so crazy (over R20k in SA?).

I still prefer my dependable 2x10 at the moment, mainly because the maintenance cost is so much lower.

Impressive weight, thought the cassette was going to be more than 500g. All that machining on the cassette is probably why the price is so crazy (over R20k in SA?).

I still prefer my dependable 2x10 at the moment, mainly because the maintenance cost is so much lower.

That was one of my concerns as well when I converted to 1x11, but to my surprise the parts have lasted a lot longer than the 2x10 counterparts.

I got 3500km out of my first 11s chain and the second one is on 2800km now. I a still on my first cassette and only changed the front ring when I converted to Oval.

Yes the parts are more expensive but they last a lot longer which levels the playing field again...