SRAM introduces 12-speed Eagle drivetrains

News bot

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? No wires. No faff. No internal or external routing. A clean frame and bar setup. Bring it on.

No cables at all , and a very clean handle bar , basically 2 break levers (if you opt for a non remote shock lockout)

XX1 cassette. First chain was XX1, the second is the X1(cheaper version) if I remember correctly. I have the Absolute Black oval 34t on at the front

Hi Rudi

Are you happy with the oval 34T, how is your experience with it?

No cables at all , and a very clean handle bar , basically 2 break levers (if you opt for a non remote shock lockout)

Would need a blipbox if just using the blips for shifts or it would need shifter integrated to the brake mastercylinder. Remember an AIREA transmitter is needed for the wireless transmitting of signals

But wait a few weeks....

I just dont think 1 less cable would be such a massive advantage. Perhaps a bit more aero...

but is electrics a step towards simplifying, or more complexity?

Technology has its stages and we are currently living it. The guys buying now are paying for research to find the perfect combinations. In mean time we get the trickle down allowing us OPTIONS.

I am all for it but the Replacement wheel (still normal Hub)+ R20k, would have other half very unimpressed with me.

Edited by Amberdrake

Electric shifting for a 1x build would be a bit of a waste imo.

We are moving into an era of mountain bikers who are strong enough to chuck out half their gears, find it challenging to operate a FD or would rather have lockout and dropper levers on their handle bars. Electric shifting will so make life even more simple and free up the mind for....something

How do u change the font on these apple thingys? ????

Very good write-up on Bikerumor.com.

Looks like a lot of work went into the chain and and chain-ring especially on improving durability. This is really impressive work from SRAM.

Wonder how long trickle down will take (maybe another 2 years) before this tech is on regular (and much cheaper) alloy cranks and maybe a cheaper (and much heavier) cassette - Like X9/GX level components. Still insane to think this cassette only is the price of an XT 2x10/1x11 drive-train.

I must say when it comes to s single chairing setup that I do love the SRAM direct-mount solution.

That was one of my concerns as well when I converted to 1x11, but to my surprise the parts have lasted a lot longer than the 2x10 counterparts.

I got 3500km out of my first 11s chain and the second one is on 2800km now. I a still on my first cassette and only changed the front ring when I converted to Oval.

Yes the parts are more expensive but they last a lot longer which levels the playing field again...

And to think I was impressed with the 2000km chain life on my 2x10 (probably need to replace the cassette at around 4000km when I put on the 3rd chain). But I realized that us heavy folk are a lot harder on chains and cassettes and shoes when it comes to wear...